• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Compile error !

consta

Resource contributor
Country
cyprus
Hi , i tried to compile my project for FSX but it gives me this following error .

I initially made project for p3d v4 and compiled for P3D sdk for p3d v4 , now in settings of ADE i have changed location of Flight sim ,BGL comp, Shp2vec Location to FSx and FSX SDK folder i have latest SDK installed for fsx

1552490744261.png

Here is the text

Code:
Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\lghi_afcad.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 174, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2952: Attribute 'transparent' is not allowed in element 'Runway'!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2031: Failed element parse <Runway>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2032: XML Parse Error!  Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR:     version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR:     <Airport
ERROR:         country = Greece
ERROR:         city = Chios
ERROR:         name = Omiros
ERROR:         lat = 38.3453123045052
ERROR:         lon = 26.1423813282441
ERROR:         alt = 0.0M
ERROR:         magvar = -2
ERROR:         trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR:         airportTestRadius = 5000.0M
ERROR:         ident = LGHI
ERROR:     >
ERROR:         <Runway
ERROR:             lat = 38.3437086207595
ERROR:             lon = 26.1406670912376
ERROR:             alt = 0.0M
ERROR:             surface = ASPHALT
ERROR:             transparent = FALSE
ERROR:             heading = 9.5
ERROR:             length = 1511.0M
ERROR:             width = 29.87M
ERROR:             number = 01
ERROR:             designator = NONE
ERROR:             patternAltitude = 304.8M
ERROR:             primaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR:             primaryLanding = YES
ERROR:             primaryPattern = RIGHT
ERROR:             secondaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR:             secondaryLanding = YES
ERROR:             secondaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR:         >
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2591: Taxi path #1 references a non-existent Runway #1 at airport LGHI.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2591: Taxi path #2 references a non-existent Runway #1 at airport LGHI.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2591: Taxi path #8 references a non-existent Runway #1 at airport LGHI.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you are trying to go backward compatible then you can expect issues. The Transparent attribute for runways is only reliably available with P3D and it if is set in the ADE project file you created then it will cause the error you see.

The last errors you have what appear to be runway links that are not on a runway or reference a runway that does not exist. Run the fault finder and fix anything that comes up. Also is the Issue Manager showing green or red near the bottom left of ADE?

1552491409405.png

If it is red then click on it since it may help you fix issues.

consta

Resource contributor
Country
cyprus
If you are trying to go backward compatible then you can expect issues. The Transparent attribute for runways is only reliably available with P3D and it if is set in the ADE project file you created then it will cause the error you see.

The last errors you have what appear to be runway links that are not on a runway or reference a runway that does not exist. Run the fault finder and fix anything that comes up. Also is the Issue Manager showing green or red near the bottom left of ADE?

View attachment 48363

If it is red then click on it since it may help you fix issues.
I have checked fault finder there were some issues which i fixed now , and the issue manager also shows green and i compiled again but the issue persists however i ran it before in p3d v4 mode now after changing i am getting a little different error . I donot know how i disable the transparent attribute if it is possible .

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You might need to use the Raw Data View to change the flag

consta

Resource contributor
Country
cyprus
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2952: Attribute 'transparent' is not allowed in element 'Runway'!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes you already told us that - what is the question?