• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

An item with the same key has already been added error

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

In my bug tracking system I recently see errors when exporting to MDL quite often. These always have the error message "An item with the same key has already been added.". Until now I have not been able to reproduce the error with the models that were included in the error report. On my machine I can export them fine to MDL, so I guess the users must have been making some changes to the imported model before exporting them. If you encounter this issue, please provide some more details on the workflow you used. If I can reproduce it, I can hopefully fix the error as well.

Country
unitedstates
Hi all,

In my bug tracking system I recently see errors when exporting to MDL quite often. These always have the error message "An item with the same key has already been added.". Until now I have not been able to reproduce the error with the models that were included in the error report. On my machine I can export them fine to MDL, so I guess the users must have been making some changes to the imported model before exporting them. If you encounter this issue, please provide some more details on the workflow you used. If I can reproduce it, I can hopefully fix the error as well.
Like this?? It went away before I could send, will try again and see what happens.
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 04.46 PM.JPG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, like that. Did you make any modifications or just export the model after import?

While going over the bug reports yesterday evening after I posted this I found one case I could reproduce and that had to do with attach points.

Country
france
I noticed it when converting from FS9 and not cleaning the duplicates attach points - cleaning the useless point solve the problem.

Gérard

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
MCX should do that automatically, but let me check. That might be the clue.

Country
unitedstates
Tried again and got this
Screen Shot 10-21-20 at 04.49 PM.JPG

Yes, like that. Did you make any modifications or just export the model after import?

While going over the bug reports yesterday evening after I posted this I found one case I could reproduce and that had to do with attach points.
No just hit the export ket. !st time I have seen that .

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
That's a completely different error, but I can't see in the screenshot where it exactly happened.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have fixed the bug due to the duplicate attached objects now, that will be fixed in the next development release.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
jterr, if you get that error again, click the Details button and copy/paste the errors there (above the Modules Loaded line) into a message here.

Arno,
I've been seeing this error and it seemed to happen to me when I created multiple effects objects with the same co-ordinates (even if they had different names). I was also seeing issues where i would edit one object and the change would affect all of them.

I think I uploaded a couple of error reports from within MCX.

Will try the latest update and see what happens.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I tried to reproduce it here by making multiple attachpoints (with different names), but that could not reproduce it.

But I have good hopes I have fixed it in the current development release.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The error mentioned in this thread should be fixed in the 1.4 stable release and in the current development release.

Must report that I haven't seen this error in a while.

So Arno must have done his magic and fixed it.

Thanks Arno (for this and so much more)

Seasons greetings and stay safe

Gavin