• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Toolkit by Nool Aerosystems

Country
china
Ciao @Shushengerdai,
Hello
can you attach the string you fed to Powershell? I think there is an error in your file except (.shp) attach this as well.
Create a folder on Onedrive and put all your project including the .tif so I can download it for verification.
Hello, Bavarello! Here is my document link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxcDn6S6zYFgRv9-cVXkvFm4jT1?e=eaaZMy. The code of Powershell is:
msfs elev -imagery "F:\20220113\ZGYL\Sources\n22_e110_1arc_v3.tif" -border "F:\20220113\ZGYL\Out\DEM.shp" -airport "F:\20220113\ZGYL\Yulin-Fumian-Airport\PackageSources\sceneries\ZGYL.xml" -exclude "F:\20220113\ZGYL\Yulin-Fumian-Airport\PackageSources\sceneries\polygon.shp" -res 25 "F:\20220113\ZGYL\Yulin-Fumian-Airport\PackageSources\sceneries\ZGYL.xml"

Thank you very much!

Country
us-colorado
Anyone else have an issue where intersecting runways have a slight bump in the intersection? Looking if there is an option I am missing in the tool or if I just have to manually smooth it out in the SDK.

Country
poland
Anyone else have an issue where intersecting runways have a slight bump in the intersection? Looking if there is an option I am missing in the tool or if I just have to manually smooth it out in the SDK.
Try without adding runway profile if you have done that because that could be the cause of the problem. only add lidar data for quadrants which will give you 3D irregularities instead of 2D

Country
us-colorado
Anyone run into an issue where they can't build after saving in the SDK because of a parsing error, but if I then run msfs-toolkit again the build is fine?

Screenshot 2022-03-07 200529.png

Country
china

7. Build the project​

Now type into command prompt:

&"$env:MSFS_SDK\Tools\bin\fspackagetool.exe" "myname-airport-purdue-uni.xml"

When I type this code , there are no new window spawn to show progress, how i can solve the problem?

Country
norway
Anyone run into an issue where they can't build after saving in the SDK because of a parsing error, but if I then run msfs-toolkit again the build is fine?
Instead of downloading the 0.53 release, go to https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit and download the zip file from the code repository instead. That should work better. (Link to download zip file is in the popup window below the "Code" button on the right hand side, see screenshot below)

1651260615653.png

Country
us-northcarolina
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I used USGS data to create a mesh, and most of it looks great, but I'm having these lumps pop up in the ditches and along the highway. Looking at the mesh of the terraforming rectangles, it's perfectly smooth! And the source data surely doesn't have anything like that in it. Any suggestions are welcome!

Untitled-1.jpg

Country
unitedstates
This is such an excellent tool! I am a researcher at UCLA working on historical landscape modeling, using drones to map ecological changes around sites of past industrial activity-- one of my goals is to be able to add my drone imagery and DSMs to Flight Simulator so others can easily fly over my research areas and see the "data" for themselves. I'd love to know if there are any more resources for learning how to use your toolkit, as I've run into some roadblocks while trying to add some test images and DSMs.

Country
us-ohio
would someone be willing to make a few aerial backgrounds with terrain for me, for a few different airports??

I would be willing to pay for them. I know this isn't the "jobs" page but I just wanted to put it here so it would be seen.
I cant get it to work and I don't have any experience with PowerShell. I would just like a working finished product. message me if anyone is interested

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Paavo hasn't posted in quite a while, and his github page is gone. So it would seem this app is dead in the water.

Country
flag
I'd also appreciate to receive a link to this release. This seems just the right tool to learn for a new tweaker.

Country
us-northcarolina
That's very unfortunate... I'll have to ensure I have this thing backed up. It's one of the most useful tools available unless someone can create something better!

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
MSFS Toolkit is actually fine, even got a large commit last month that rewrote most of elevation tool, based on the experience of creating mesh for the extremely demanding 2NC0 Mountain Air Airport by PILOT'S. I simply haven't had the time to follow this thread.

Github repo is currently private.
I will have more information for you on Monday.

Paavo

Resource contributor
Country
estonia
MSFS Toolkit is dual-licensed: free for non-commercial use, but requires a paid license to exploit it commercially.

I have recently discovered many examples of commercial products that have been created using the free version of MSFS Toolkit.

By doing so, they consume fruits of the freeware scene, but do not contribute back in any form - not by releasing their products as freeware, and not by acquiring a commercial license that lets me keep things free for you.

The most notable offenders are Aerosoft (Anchorage, Gran Canaria, possibly more) and Island Creations (their entire portfolio). Since I always kept tweaking processing algorithms to find good default values, I can not only prove that they used MSFS Toolkit, but also pinpoint specific versions that they relied upon.

Attempts to establish contact with them to license MSFS Toolkit retrospectively were not answered and I am now handing the matter over to a law firm to take legal action against them for software piracy.

MSFS Toolkit will be available to the public again when this gets settled.

Country
france
MSFS Toolkit is dual-licensed: free for non-commercial use, but requires a paid license to exploit it commercially.

I have recently discovered many examples of commercial products that have been created using the free version of MSFS Toolkit.

By doing so, they consume fruits of the freeware scene, but do not contribute back in any form - not by releasing their products as freeware, and not by acquiring a commercial license that lets me keep things free for you.

The most notable offenders are Aerosoft (Anchorage, Gran Canaria, possibly more) and Island Creations (their entire portfolio). Since I always kept tweaking processing algorithms to find good default values, I can not only prove that they used MSFS Toolkit, but also pinpoint specific versions that they relied upon.

Attempts to establish contact with them to license MSFS Toolkit retrospectively were not answered and I am now handing the matter over to a law firm to take legal action against them for software piracy.

MSFS Toolkit will be available to the public again when this gets settled.

Paavo, I was just pointed to this comment.

Now we are not the developer for these products, just the publisher, so I simply do not know the technical details. That does not change anything about our responsibility to check this, of course. We will immediately try to get some more information from the development team(s), and when needed solve this. If you like to discuss this feel free to contact me at Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com.

Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft