• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 traffic tools

Country
us-washington
fsuipc is already in documents. this is a copy. but inside this one is addon. open this is a txt item I guess that is an xml. I install fsuipc by clicking on the install and it did this by itself.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
OK...

I didn't use the "Default" settings to install the FSUIPC6. That is the reason I didn't have a folder for it in my "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder ( I have since corrected that.) No matter how it was installed, it shouldn't make a difference on the Traffic add-on.

Before proceeding... I need you to verify you have the latest version of the Sim installed (v4.5.14.34698). To verify the version of the sim: Load up P3D. From the "Help" tab click-on "About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D..." Make sure it shows v4.5.14.34698 as the Prepar3D version. If it does not... install it. Follow the instructions on updating it to the letter.

After you have verified and/ or updated the sim. Copy from the SDK v4.5 ( ...\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.14.34698\World\Traffic) the
TrafficToolbox folder to your "Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons" folder (where the FSUIPC6 folder is located).

Country
us-washington
Doug- It worked! You are a genius. I take back all the things I said about ya. hahaha I'm just kidding. I went step by step but first got rid of everything else in addons except fsuipc. varified I had teh right 4.5 p3d and sdk both, fired up p3d got teh message... enable traffic toolbox. yes... in game went to tools and bingo it was there.
I truly thank you for all your help, patience,
If I were in your area I'd take you and yours to dinner. Other than that... a pizza, 6-pack, a raise at work, and a trip for two to Fiji for two weeks! ;)

Now i need to find out why I am not seeing any ai I have in my traffic files!

Country
us-washington
HOLY SH*T my traffic files and ai seem to be back up and running! Again, many, many thanx, doug! Tell your wife I'll come over and do the dishes and windows! ;)

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
HOLY SH*T my traffic files and ai seem to be back up and running! Again, many, many thanx, doug! Tell your wife I'll come over and do the dishes and windows! ;)
LOL! I think the one thing that might have helped was running the sim after you had deleted the (extra) files. The dishwasher already does the dishes and the windows can wait considering how dry it has been this summer. ;) Glad! it's finally working!!

Country
us-washington
yes. running the sim ... kind of like blowing its nose clean and starting over. Thanx again.

Country
us-washington
Doug- My system is doing fine thanx to you. My friend I work with, two days BEFORE I uploaded my scenery files, somehow did something to lose all his ai (not showing up). He has the proper planes (he thought that maybe what he sent to me he accidently pulled out of hi slivery. With screenshare in Skype it shows he does have those planes. I had him show me main screen of p3d and click on addons button. He has fsuipc and traffic tools. Went into the game and had him open tools. There was traffic tools with explorer and all. fsuipc show in his menu in game.

He admits he must have clicked on something which messed things up for him. Any ideas what he might have done? Bob

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Not really sure what might have happened, except maybe he deleted a file or that a file had become corrupted (even, accidentally moved a file somewhere where it doesn't belong.)
You can always have him remove the TrafficToolbox folder from his Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder and run the Sim, and then exit the Sim. After that, re-copy the TrafficToolbox folder from the SDK back into the Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder. After he has done that, start up the Sim... and re-initialize the Traffic Tool.

Make sure he has the latest version of FSUIPC6 installed too. Of course, after verifying he has the latest version, (if he does), you can have him reinstall it also.

Country
us-washington
We just tried to reinstall his copy of aifp to check for fs9 traffic files. It loads but the title bar is dimmed out so the aifp window does nothing! wow! I even tried to send him mine. same thing. will figure this out soon I guess. thanx again.

Country
us-washington
I wonder if he did something to win 10 which now will not allow opening exe files.
odd.

Country
us-washington
details- installs aifp. open aifp quick progress bars run I guess one for aircraft and one for airports at this point the window is there but cannot click on anything and top title bar is dimmed out. To close it all he can do is task mgr find aifp and end task.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Tell him to look for other windows in the task bar (right next to the AIFP icon). I.e. click the AIFP icon and there may be two windows that are offered. There is probably a dialog box that is popping up behind the AIFP program screen.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I wonder if he did something to win 10 which now will not allow opening exe files.
odd.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - out of town (still). I'm not really clear on what you mean by "not allow opening ".exe" files"? Do you mean only for AIFP or ALL?

If only for AIFP, and not having a copy of the manual in front of me, to see if a third-party application is needed to run it (I can't remember if it did or not). For example one of the: Microsoft.NET Frameworks.

I would suggest you look into the manual for AIFP and see if that is a possibility.

Country
us-washington
details- installs aifp. open aifp quick progress bars run I guess one for aircraft and one for airports at this point the window is there but cannot click on anything and top title bar is dimmed out. To close it all he can do is task mgr find aifp and end task.

I did ask him to download another app which installs like aifp, perhaps dxtbmp, or convimx etc. to see if this now happens to other items he tries to install. He hasn't replied about my question, yet.

He loves to get old fs9 type sceneries (and I don't think he pays attention to the sceneries if they contain fs9 traffic files or not)
Then I have to convert these fs9 sceneries to P3D style in MCX.

So a mutual friend of ours suggested to search for fs9 traffic files and delete or convert with aifp. So he is trying that. This is where he found that after the install, the title bar of aifp is dimmed out, and he can't do anything with it. This is when I sent my copy of aifp along with the zip of it. I had him delete any and all aifp installs, folders etc THEN install what I sent him. He gets the same results. ERGO- I am thinking that he messed up something on his computer, which now does not allow him to open newly install apps. (dang- I hate that .... 'app') hahaha

I opened my aifp config and I see aifp needs .Net Framework v4 or the like. I asked him to see if he has that on his machine still. no answer yet. thanx Doug and Tom for looking into this. BTW- Twice I had to show him how to turn back on his missing opening screen in p3d. told him to click on 'show on start up' Another time he accidentally deleted his main plane... the F35. p3d had a cow and would not open. Our mutual friend or I had to send a copy which he reinstalled and all was well.
He's a great guy, really. ex Navy pilot, has tons of fascinating info and stories. He's just having trouble with these installs. I think he does have access to someone in his area who makes house calls. He might have to do that.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It will not say anywhere what it needs except the manual. Please read the manual!

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Yes, it can happen with any copy. AIFP loves to generate these little dialog boxes which sometimes hide behind the main program. Sometimes moving the main program window to one side will reveal it as well. I'm pretty confident this is could be the problem.