• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ฺBangkok Airports from A_A Sceneries

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
This is my final taxi light. No attache effect at all since it drag down the frame rate.
VTBStaxilight_zpsc22ba68e.jpg

The visibility range is not bad at all too.
VTBStaxilight03_zps78c32379.jpg

Looks fantastic! It looks like a finished product, is it ready or do you still plan to work on it a little more? Can't wait to download your stunning scenery :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Sorry that I'm working so slowly.
Some update coming up.

On final runway 19L.

vtbsupdate01_zpsd1eb2335.jpg

vtbsupdate02_zpsebaabe61.jpg

Cargo

vtbsupdate03_zps632f63be.jpg

ThaiAirways buildings. I change the reflection (cube map) to something that resembles to the real place. Not the default one in which there is a mountain in the texture. But in this place the nearest mountain is almost 100 Kms. away.
vtbsupdate04_zps5c444df1.jpg

Engine test facility on the head of RWY19. Never been used since it might interfere with the landing. Who design this place? I wonder.
vtbsupdate05_zpsc157563c.jpg

Meteor towers.
vtbsupdate06_zps53c554b3.jpg

Specular light was updated. The tower looks more real.
vtbsupdate07_zps6e8a71da.jpg

Traffic is moving along. Photoscenery was corrected to be 4 times sharper than before.
vtbsupdate08_zpsf43d28ef.jpg

Specular light from the glass concourse. The opaque glass looks more real than the previous version.
vtbsupdate09_zps7c898b7d.jpg

Lights are ready now. Taxi lights, runway, approach lights and apron lights.
vtbsupdate10_zpsa6bdd41e.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
lot of hours work put into this project, We will have Hours of enjoyment once released. malc

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have made a new cargo, which the detail on the roof.

CargoNew_zps3c3151fe.jpg

Thai Airways Maintenance Hagar with animated doors (not done yet).

CargoNew02_zps9a2b7b8e.jpg

Country
unitedstates
That's some fine work Tic...

Question - did you actually model those curving metal latices wrapping your terminal - or - is that just some fancy texture work ? I would think the poly count would be off the chart to model something like that... Either way - beautiful work...

Regards,
Scott

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
That's some fine work Tic...

Question - did you actually model those curving metal latices wrapping your terminal - or - is that just some fancy texture work ? I would think the poly count would be off the chart to model something like that... Either way - beautiful work...

Regards,
Scott
Yes, it is the real 3d model of metal frame. Each one contains around 3000 polys. It hurts frame rate but not so much.
The metal frame was modeled by loft method. I drew the lines and put 3 d snap on. I didn't make it with cylinder models. I used to do that in the previous version but it was difficult. Lofting it is much easier to do.

More Polygons hurt fps but not much as more drawcalls, another word, the number of texture sheets.

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
"Specular light from the glass concourse. "

I remember this terminal is transparent building, can you zoom it? :D

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Yes it was transparent in my previous work. But if you look at the real thing, it is almost opaque during the day. So I think it might be better for frame rate if I make it opaque with out internal stuff.

Country
thailand
I'm not talking about this one. I mean the second Scenery you released.
I've got FSX_ARMI_VTBS_FSX and ATP_VTBS_FSX_2 Which did you release second!

Last edited:
Country
thailand
Around Suvarnabhumi

You make very nice job.

I use flight simulator from the first edition (years 80) and i live Thailand from 2005.
I make photoreal terrain near Suvarnabhumi airport with FSearthTiles.
For airport building i use very old airport scenery make for fs9 and with some patch.
I make little movie about my scenery starting fly over Teparak road, Bangna Trade road and near Suvarnabhumi Airport.

this is link

http://youtu.be/PChA7V0WMzg

I modify night mask make with FSEarth Tiles for simulate orange lights expressway near airport.

Edgar from Bangkok :)