• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 add aircraft and airport trouble

Hi Don,
After latest update, I find myself unable to add aircraft or airports in a normal way.
Trying to add single aircraft, and AIFP will not want to select the highlighted one. It either selects 1033 or sometimes (when double clicking) the first one inthe list of aircraft.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, your description is a little vague. Nonetheless, there does seem to be an intermittent problem of this nature. It will be fixed.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, I think I have found and fixed the issue to which you were referring. (If that is your issue, it would seem you haven't used AIFP in a while. The problem was introduced last October.;) )

Please download aifp2210(b), the AIFP Development Release at http://stuff4fs.com, and see if that fixes things.

Don

Hi Don,

No, you are right, I had not used AIFP for a while because I was focussing on your AFLT. But I did update all the time and am using aifp_v2.2.10(a).
In my last message somnething went wrong because it was not complete. So here I go again with what I wanted to tell, detailing the steps I took: (FS9)
I Open traffic file> add single aircraft to list by path > click on C182rg > double click > #8 AI SH-60B NEUM-AI shows up! Try again> click on use selected aircraft > 1033 shows up plus the pop up that it does not appear to be an AI aircraft > change to select from list or directory tree and you have to start all over again. Result: I have not been able to add my C182rg to the flightplan.
Next: collect airports (because I want my C182rg to go to several airports that are not yet in the airport list) and the program goes berserk.
Think I am going back to some earlier version to see if I can detect where it went wrong because it used to work perfectly.

Roby

PS: Floda wonders if AIFP is to blame for him having FSX problems (a black screen) because of some comment on flightsim (I think it was). Do not think that is the case because the comment was talking about an AIFP installer and gave me the idea the commenter did not know what he was talking about. Trying to figure out how to convince him AIFP is not the culprit. Could need an extra hand with that, though.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, re aircraft, in my previous post, I announced a potential solution for the problem. Did you try it?

collect airports (because I want my C182rg to go to several airports that are not yet in the airport list) and the program goes berserk.
I'm going to need more information. A routine Collect Airports on my development system is normal and no one else is reporting similar difficulties.

Don

Don,
I just added your new update but collect airports does not work!!!
I am afraid nobody is reporting these anomalies because they have not read the info on fsdeveloper and were pleased with what they had and did not update (just as I am reluctant to update because you do not know what to expect the next time). As I said everything worked OK before.

Roby

PS (so that you know it is me:)) will try to load a previous version as I have some zips in my AIFP folder.

Roby

I'm having the same issue, even with the latest version. When trying to add an aircraft to start a new flightplan, no matter what aircraft title I choose, even with aircraft I've used in other working plans, this is the screen I get.

aifp_zpsb612326b.jpg

If I create a blank set of flightplans, i.e. flightplans, aircraft, and airports txt files and input the info for the aircraft myself, it will then let me generate a set of flight plans, however they don't work.

Tried to find an older copy of AIFP but I update each time a new version is released and evidently at some point decided not to keep older copies :(

If you need me to try anything let me know. Thanks Don.

-Kevin

Opps this is for FSX, Win 7 64

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I just added your new update but collect airports does not work!!!
I'm not surprised (if it didn't work before), because I didn't do anything with airports. What I believe I have fixed was the aircraft selection issue.

Please confirm whether or no that is now OK.

Re Collect Airports, I asked you for further information. For example, what controls are checked? At what point does it go "berserk"?, which versions of FS do you have installed on that system. Any other pertinent information.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
no matter what aircraft title I choose, even with aircraft I've used in other working plans, this is the screen I get.
It works normally for me. So, obviously, we're using different techniques. What is the sequence of buttons pressed, entries made - starting with the Aircraft menu item selected?

If I create a blank set of flightplans, i.e. flightplan, aircraft, and airports txt files and input the info for the aircraft myself, it will then let me generate a set of flight plans, however they don't work.
I don't understand what you mean by creating a blank set of flight plans and inputting the aircraft yourself. Please be more specific. And, what is the "they" that doesn't work. What do "they" do or not do?

Don

Just found out that if you have to add a single aircraft and only when you update the aircraft.cfg you get it done (although nothing had been changed), otherwise it will not work.
Roby

PS: Don, please concentrate on AIFP because it is the only alternative to payware that does not deliver what you do with AIFP. Forget AFLT for the moment and make AIFP more user friendly.
PS2(so that you know it is me): your gp_polys work fine, so stop worrying
about GHD's :) )entries for the time being. Choose one to make it perfect.
PS3: may answers may have become obsolete because of the new entries when composing my reply:confused:.

Hi Don,

From what I read, I can only repeat what I said before:
I Open traffic file> add single aircraft to list by path > click on C182rg > double click > #8 AI SH-60B NEUM-AI shows up! Try again> click on use selected aircraft > 1033 shows up plus the pop up that it does not appear to be an AI aircraft > change to select from list or directory tree and you have to start all over again. Result: I have not been able to add my C182rg to the flightplan.
Next: collect airports (because I want my C182rg to go to several airports that are not yet in the airport list) and the program goes berserk

By berserk I mean that I lose control over what I can do with the program. It blocks, stalls, whatever you want to call it.
Your last update unfortunatey did not remedy it.
D'you have any idea to what version I would have to go back? I can only go back to v2.2.09e .

It works normally for me. So, obviously, we're using different techniques. What is the sequence of buttons pressed, entries made - starting with the Aircraft menu item selected?

I don't understand what you mean by creating a blank set of flight plans and inputting the aircraft yourself. Please be more specific. And, what is the "they" that doesn't work. What do "they" do or not do?

Don

Start AIFP
Flight Plans -> Open FP Editor
Aircraft -> Add single Aircraft to the list
By Title, etc.
Select Aricraft
Use Selected

Result is the screen shot posted above

This happens no matter what aircraft I select. Even those that are currently working in other plans.

As for the blank flight plans

I created an aircraft.txt and added this line as trying to start a new FP using the above method didn't work.

AC#100,360,"HTAI Lockheed C-130H-30 Hercules"'

I also created flightplans.txt and airports.txt and left them blank. I can then load the flight plan in AIFP so I can generate the flights for that aircraft. Everything validates and it generates a traffic file just fine. However it doesn't seem to work. The aircraft are parked for 72 hours at a time and do not appear either at their home airport or at their destination airport. Parking spaces are available at both airports. First time I've ever had an issue like this. Kinda stumped.

P.S. I have the same issue as Roby above too if I use the "by path" method instead of "by title". It comes up with a completely different folder than the one I select. Edit: This appears to have been fixed with the last version (b).

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, I do not plan to make any major changes to AIFP or its user interface. I will, however, continue to support AIFP as I always have - that is, fix bugs that are reported and make minor enhancements as needed.

To fix a bug, I need to be able to understand what a user is seeing sufficiently well that I can reproduce the symptoms on my development system. (I can't fix what I can't see!) In your case, I've fixed one problem (though it appears it may be a "two-part problem" based on a post from another user moments ago.)

if you have to add a single aircraft and only when you update the aircraft.cfg you get it done (although nothing had been changed), otherwise it will not work.
It's not clear what you are trying to tell me.

Re the Collect Aircraft issue, I've asked you twice now for additional information. I even told you what information I needed. All you did was define "berserk".

I plan to investigate the aircraft selection problem further. I'll also be happy to investigate your Collect Airports problem once you give me the information I've asked for. As for reverting to a previous release, that's your decision. If 09(e) worked for you before, then I know of no reason why it still won't work.

Re Floda's concern, AIFP's only direct effect on FSX is that is adjusts aircraft parameters when requested by the user. Also, of course, it generates traffic files. I know of no way either of these things can cause a "black screen". If he has questions for me, he's free to ask them in this forum (as he did on numerous occasions with ADE_GP.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Krwynn, I'm a little confused. Can I assume the edit to your post overrides the initial post and that you no longer have an issue with selecting single aircraft by Path?

I also created flightplans.txt and airports.txt and left them blank. I can then load the flight plan in AIFP so I can generate the flights for that aircraft. Everything validates and it generates a traffic file just fine. However it doesn't seem to work. The aircraft are parked for 72 hours at a time and do not appear either at their home airport or at their destination airport. Parking spaces are available at both airports.
At which airport are the aircraft parked for 72 hours? If you send me the flight plan/traffic file, I'll see if I can understand why this is happening. (Presumably, now that the aircraft selection issue ifixed you no longer have to use this work-around.

Don

Don

Krwynn, I'm a little confused. Can I assume the edit to your post overrides the initial post and that you no longer have an issue with selecting single aircraft by Path?

At which airport are the aircraft parked for 72 hours? If you send me the flight plan/traffic file, I'll see if I can understand why this is happening. (Presumably, now that the aircraft selection issue ifixed you no longer have to use this work-around.

Don

Don

If I select by path it no longer comes up with a random entry as before (What I think Roby was referring too). However, the end result its the same as shown my the screenshot above if I use select by title.

Thanks
-Kevin

Don, I wanted to make sure and eliminate all possibilities it was not the airports nor the aircraft. So on a whim I used the flightplans I made with AIFP (generating the aircraft.txt file in note pad first) and used TTools and they work. Have no idea if that helps you in any but thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kevin, I am unable to duplicate the select by title issue you are experiencing. However, I did find a problem in the aircraft editor whereby, for example, if you have both FS9 and FSX installed and you have FSX selected as the target version but attempt to retrieve an aircraft from your FS9 livery, you get the FSX aircraft anyway. (I haven't fixed that yet - but I will). I doubt it would produce the symptoms you are seeing.

But, anyway, do you have multiple versions of FS installed? If so, are you attempting to "read" from the version not selected as the Target Version? Is there anything significant about the aircraft that keeps getting selected? For example, is it in one version and not the other? nything else you can think of?

Don

Kevin, I am unable to duplicate the select by title issue you are experiencing. However, I did find a problem in the aircraft editor whereby, for example, if you have both FS9 and FSX installed and you have FSX selected as the target version but attempt to retrieve an aircraft from your FS9 livery, you get the FSX aircraft anyway. (I haven't fixed that yet - but I will). I doubt it would produce the symptoms you are seeing.

But, anyway, do you have multiple versions of FS installed? If so, are you attempting to "read" from the version not selected as the Target Version? Is there anything significant about the aircraft that keeps getting selected? For example, is it in one version and not the other? nything else you can think of?

Don

No, only FSX. Fairly new system and has only had FSX on it. I've tried different aircraft, airports etc but the AIFP compiled version refuses to show. Never had an issue with AIFP like this and have generated many, many FP's without issue. It seems like it's losing focus of the aircraft title somehow. Not sure how that would be possible though. If anything else comes to light I'll let you know.

Thanks
-Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You mentioned before the aircraft appeared, just not in the right place. If the aircraft appear, then they're in the traffic file. I'd like to take a look at one of those traffic files and be able to compare it with the flight plan text files.
Don

You mentioned before the aircraft appeared, just not in the right place. If the aircraft appear, then they're in the traffic file. I'd like to take a look at one of those traffic files and be able to compare it with the flight plan text files.
Don

Aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.0]
title=HTAI Lockheed C-130H-30 Hercules
sim=aimaiwc-130herculesv5acofadv
model=no_wing_tanks
soundai=
texture=Blank
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
ui_manufacturer=HTAI
ui_type=C-130H-30
ui_variation=C-130H-30
atc_parking_types=RAMP
atc_parking_codes=

[General]
atc_type=LOCKHEED
atc_model=C130
editable=0
performance=
Category=airplane

Aircraft.txt
AC#100,360,"HTAI Lockheed C-130H-30 Hercules"

aifp2_zpsb48b9af6.jpg

AIFP.ini
FS9 Base Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X
FSX Base Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X
P3D Base Folder=
P3D v2 Base Folder=
Path to FS9.cfg=
Path to FSX.cfg=C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
Path to P3D.cfg=
Path to P3Dv2.cfg=
Path to FSX Compiler=E:\Flight Simulator X\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\BglComp.exe
Autoload Traffic Folder List_FS9=False
Autoload Traffic Folder List_FSX=False
Autoload Traffic Folder List_P3D=False
Autoload Traffic Folder List_P3Dv2=False
Last Compile To Folder_FS9=
Last Compile To Folder_FSX=E:\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery
Last Compile To Folder_P3D=
Last Compile To Folder_P3Dv2=
Time Zone=[UTC-5] Eastern Standard
Reload on Startup=False
Last Traffic File=E:\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_USAF_KCRW.bgl
Last Timetable File=
Last Zip File=E:\TTools\Working\aig_flyniki_summer_2013.zip
Last Text File=E:\TTools\Working\Flightplans_USAF_KCRW.txt
Last FP File - TitleBar=Flightplans_USAF_KCRW.txt
Last AC Dir=E:\TTools\Working
Last AI Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\
Last Airport Edit FS Version=FSX
Last File Loaded=E:\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_USAF_KCRW.bgl
Target FSVer=FSX
No Backups=True
Suppress Warnings=False
Identify Non-Stock APs=False
Access All Drives=False
No Automatic Updates=True
Last_Message_Checked=
Last Compile FS Version=1
Use Local Time=True
Use Summer Time=False
Use IATA Codes=False
Activity-level Distribution Mode=0
Minimum Sit-time=5
ETD Preset Interval=-30
Last Version Run=2.2.10(b)
Open FP Editor on Startup=False
No-Show Missing ACs=True
Consolidate Weekly FPs=False
Reload on Startup=False
Last Compile Suffix Checked=True
Default Repaint Folder=E:\Program Files (x86)\AI Flight Planner\Repaints
RenumberFrom1=False
Use Structured Filename=False
Structured Filename Key=000
Last SimObjects Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Use Cruise Speed from Aircraft.cfg=True
Don't Show ToolTips=False
Resequence FPs Before Compile=True
Show Airport Name=True
Show Airport City=True
Show Airport UTC Offset=True
Save All Textures=False
Use DXT Textures=False
Use 32bit Textures=False
Use Mipped Textures=False
Open AC Editor After Install=False
Leg Start Day=0
Allow Any ICAO=False
Last Converted Traffic File Save Folder=
Manage AC List Flags=0
Auto-Check for Alternate ICAO=False
Analyse - LookInSL=True
Analyse - SL Simplify=False
Analyse - Init Paths=False
Delete Repaint Zips After Install=False
Don't Maintain Installed AC List(s)=False

You'll be using stock airports. I'm working on KCRW and am using it. However the FSX original should have enough parking. KHTS is just a TNG so no parking needed.

Attachments

• AIFP data.zip
    416.4 KB · Views: 260

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kevin, the traffic file and the flight plan files match (no surprise there). As for performance, they depart on schedule. (I note the flight plan has a weekly period. They are only going to move on Tuesday!

As for the select single aircraft issue, I still can't duplicate. But, I'll keep looking.

Don