• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 add aircraft and airport trouble

GHD

Country
england
There is a file FS9.exe in the main FSX folder (though I don't know why). The standard FSX installer doesn't install that FS9 - normally/automatically. Do you recall doing some sort of manual installation?

FS9.exe is installed by the FSX installer, as is FS2000.exe and FS2002.exe.

Morning Don,

Are you sure nothing changed in your configuration?
I changed nothing.
AIFP shouldn't "go berserk"
No, but it did anyway. And it still does when I go back to an earlier version.
..you can access those aircraft using the "Select" radio-button on the Select Aircraft dialog.
I can only add a single aircraft when I make a new flightplan but am confronted several times with "unable to access aircraft folders" and with "cannot determine mdl radius". But in the end and in spite of these warnings, the new aircraft shows up in the aircraft list:).
...why did you feel the need to edit the file?
I opened it when AIFP did not want to accept the selected aircraft (remember the path problem you solved with the (c) update?).

I understand that the FSX problems are due to the non activated FSX program, so forget about it as I can always make them with Ttools and then use AIFP to convert them to FSX ones.
And I am not complaining about anything, I am just pointing out some things that in my mind could be presented differently, more intuitively or whatever you want to call it. It is not critics but an attempt to be helpful in making the tool easier to understand for the 'silent majority':).

Roby

Hopefully, you deleted the .ini file before starting AIFP. Deleting it while AIFP is running does nothing.

Deleted before start up.

Assuming you deleted the file before starting AIFP, the only way that line get's put back is if the FS9 path is in the system registry. (AIFP believe what it finds in the registry.)

I've been through the code numerous times now and I cannot find any other problems. I've tried various combinations on my development system and single aircraft selection by title works flawless every time. Since no one else is reporting such symptoms (Roby's issue was with select by Path and I have corrected that problem), I can only conclude that it's due to system configuration - and this FS9 path certainly qualifies as a system configuration issue since FS9 is not present.

There is a file FS9.exe in the main FSX folder (though I don't know why). The standard FSX installer doesn't install that FS9 - normally/automatically. Do you recall doing some sort of manual installation?

That file is there but no manual install. So is FS2000.exe and FS2002.exe. All 3 have the same date 9/26/2007 and are the same file size 103KB. I am using FSX acceleration. Not sure if that makes a difference. Have never had FS9 on this computer. I have a lot of payware. Not sure if one of those would have done something to cause this or not.

Don

Look what I found after searching the registry. This is for AFX, a demo from Flight1

fs9_zps8782ff2b.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
FS9.exe is installed by the FSX installer, as is FS2000.exe and FS2002.exe.
I should have been clearer, George. I know the FSX installer places those files in the FSX folder. By "install", I was referring to the associated registry entries being set up.

Look what I found after searching the registry. This is for AFX, a demo from Flight1
Kevin, something created that registry entry and I doubt it was the FSX installer. I will make a new development version today that will detect this situation and "kill" the FS9 path for AIFP.

Are you sure nothing changed in your configuration?
I changed nothing.
AIFP shouldn't "go berserk"
No, but it did anyway. And it still does when I go back to an earlier version.
What else can I tell you, Roby. None of the development releases over the past couple of days (or for weeks before that) changed anything that would be accessed by Collect Airports. How about answering my earlier questions on this issue so I can (hopefully) discover what went wrong on your system and avoid it happening again.

Don

Hi Don,

Re Collect Airports and for your info, here is what I did(as detailed as I can make it) :
FS9 checked> find/collect airports > checking stock airports and addon airports (provided database checked also) > select>
-Result previous version (2210) AIFP goes 'berserk'.
-New version(2210c): popup asking confirmation for collecting only fs9 or fsx > OK > save to airportlist.dat and everything is saved to airportlist as it should.
By berserk I mean that all kind of screens popped up twice or more times, that I tried to close them, that the program then started to format the airports but would freeze/lock up the screen upon trying to save or close the Collect Airport Data window.
I have fs9 on C drive and FSX (not activated) on external harddisk. Running Vista OS.
Cannot think of anything else that could help you.
Roby

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, Roby. I'll see what I can find. But just to be certain about you not having made "configuration changes", I need to know if you made any changes whatsoever to your system that might have affected the operation of AIFP or altered FS9 or FSX in any way.

Also I want to confirm that you did not make any FSX selections on the Collect Airports dialog and that 10(c) is OK but 2.2.10, 10(a) and 10(b) all exhibited the nasty behaviour - and still do.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kevin, I've just posted 2.2.10(e) as the AIFP Development Release at http://stuff4fs.com. It will "kill" the FS9 path on your system. Please delete AIFP.ini before starting it.

Don

Morning Don, rise and shine!

There you ask me something I have not checked yet and that I am going to do right now (but please bear in mind that I have an empty fsx.cfg and FSX is not activated):
- Yes I did make FSX selections with the (c) version;
- But I am not able to make a new flightplan with it, as I can still not get access to the aircraft folder. I can load the previously made flightplan but all aicraft remain unaccessible.
As I said before and want to stress, I have a non-activated FSX on my external harddrive. So my comments maybe be of null value to you.
If I open an existing flightplan, all aircraft show up red and I am unable to add anything because I always get "unable to access aircraft folders".
Guess you'd better ignore my problems until I get back to my real PC in a month's time from now.
So you will have another month before you get crucified:D (or me :eek:).

Roby

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I understand that the FSX problems are due to the non-activated FSX program, so forget about it as I can always make them with Ttools and then use AIFP to convert them to FSX ones.
Roby, despite your earlier statement, you still seem to be concerned. Actually, you can make FSX flight plans without FSX being installed. Instead of trying to use an aircraft in the FSX folder, use one with the same title from your FS9 livery. If the title doesn't exist in your FS9 Aircraft folder, make a copy of the FSX folder and put it in FS9 temporarily.

As well, unless you copied your AIFP.ini file from another system on which FSX was installed, when you first selected FSX as your target version in your current configuration, AIFP should have told you it wasn't installed and asked you to locate it - after which it would have remembered where it was. Try deleting AIFP.ini (to clear AIFP's memory). AIFP should then start up with FS9 as the target version. Then select FSX.

Don

Will try that.
Thanks, Don.
As it is past ten PM over here, will try it when you are still dreamng.
Wish you nice dreams:).

Roby

Kevin, I've just posted 2.2.10(e) as the AIFP Development Release at http://stuff4fs.com. It will "kill" the FS9 path on your system. Please delete AIFP.ini before starting it.

Don

Deleted ini
Started up...no change
Checked ini and FS9 Base Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X was back
Deleted ini again
Started up....no change
Remembered "Maintain Installed A/C List(s)"
It was checked again so I unchecked it
Restarted AIFP
Went to FP and selected aircraft from the list
IT WORKS!

ini file still adding FS9 Base Folder=E:\Flight Simulator X but that doesn't seem to bother it now. I also uninstalled the Flight 1 demo. Not sure if that helped us or not.

What a little bugger that was. Thanks for the effort Don. Very much appreciated.

-Kevin

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
We're no quite done yet. I needed to clear two variables and I only cleared one in (e). That's why the FS9 path "survived"/

Please try again with development release 2,2,10(f) - usual place.

Don

We're no quite done yet. I needed to clear two variables and I only cleared one in (e). That's why the FS9 path "survived"/

Please try again with development release 2,2,10(f) - usual place.

Don

Beautiful. Works perfectly. Thanks a lot Don. Much appreciated.