• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.79 Long Stock Airport Load Times

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
P3D v5 introduced some new objects which are not yet in the detailed footprint database. This means that you will sometimes get a long load time when opening a stock airport. If you do then let it work - it will open eventually. At the same time please post any slow load airport idents here. This will help me build a new database more quickly

I have VTBS

Country
us-utah
Hello Scruffy!

I have an issue with ADE 1.79. When I want to load some stock airports (not all) I get this:

So far it has happend with LQBK and LQSA.

Attachments

• ADE 1.79 problem.png
    ADE 1.79 problem.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 301

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As reported elsewhere this is not a bug. v5 has a lot of new objects and when loading airports using them the load time is slow as footprints are created. This will slowly reduce. AS to the error please go to the thread for issues and bugs and download the missing files zip. Update ADE with them to fix the error

Country
us-utah
As reported elsewhere this is not a bug. v5 has a lot of new objects and when loading airports using them the load time is slow as footprints are created. This will slowly reduce. AS to the error please go to the thread for issues and bugs and download the missing files zip. Update ADE with them to fix the error
Thank you that did it! Keep up the good work!!

Country
unitedkingdom
Not happy with 179 it has taken over my 177 as well and now hangs on loading default airports in V5, if i uninstall 179 will it leave my 177 intake as i did not have this problem with 177.
PS i applied the update file already no change.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The 'problem' is well documented. Over time your load times should reduce. ADE is processing all the new library objects and models in v5. If you leave the 'hang' it will eventually load. Each time this happens ADE is processing more than one airport.

I do not understand what you mean by 'taken over' 1.77

If you want to use ADE for v5 then you do need 1.79

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I think we are going in circles. First do you understand why this is happening? second do you understand that it is not permanent?

It can happen in 1.77 is you do not have the main footprint database installed. So if you want to try this then in the 1.77 installation make sure ADE is not running then go to the Global folder and carefully move the file mfdb.dbs to another folder and be sure to remember where you put it

1594875672875.png

Now start ADE 1.77 and try loading a stock airport - I am sure you will find it takes a long time. If you check the Global folder you will find ADE has recreated the mfdb.dbs file but it is much smaller than the one you moved

1594876337936.png

Close and re-open ADE and load the same stock airport as before. You should find that it opens much faster. Shut ADE and put the original mfdb.dbs back overwriting the newly created one. If you want to you can open that same stock airport again and it should load faster. It happens that 1.77 has a well populated database.

Now run ADE 1.79 for v5 and load again that stock airport that took 5mins 45.53 sec to open. I am sure it will load much faster. Also I can tell you that the size of the airport you open is not relevant to this process. When you open a stock airport in 1.79 for the first time ADE is processing a whole region of airports and objects. So in fact nearby airports will also open quickly.

Perhaps this will make what is going on more acceptable. It needs a bit of time and you may get slow loads the first time you open a stock airport in a given region.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You might want to download a copy of MFDB.dbs from our downloads page. This may not be complete but will contain more data than you probablt have now. I would have expected this to be already in your 1.79 installation though https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/shop-and-downloads The size installed is about 737Mb and if the one in your 1.79 installation is already that size or bigger then there is no reason to download it.