• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 14 Released - WITHDRAWN

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
**I HAVE WITHDRAWN THIS VERSION FROM CIRCULATION DUE TO A POTENTIALLY FATAL BUG IN THE CODE. I HOPE TO RELEASE AN UPDATE SHORTLY. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING **

Added
  • Option to copy package(s) to the community folder after build
  • Thumbnails for stock objects (courtesy of Dick - rhumbaflappy)
  • Executable installer
Updated
  • Display of paths for user added models removed
  • Handling of runway starts in runway record rather than airport record
  • Lists > Starts to include new Runway Start.
Fixed
  • False positive Issue Manager error where taxi point count exceed 3999. (this limit does not appear to apply to MSFS)
  • Missing View Menu item for Scenery Polys
  • Two bugs in the Surface Manager which will cause CTDs.
  • Several bugs in New Project From Stock code causing CTDs
  • Issue Manager reporting Issues from last loaded project when creating new project
  • Status Bar displaying last loaded project path when creating new project
  • Bug that failed to generate a reciprocal runway designator for primary LEFT
  • Apron count limit which stopped users adding new aprons at larger airports
Removed
  • Removed requirement to specify path to application for MS and Steam Editions. This path should no longer be needed for ADE
Installation

The installer is moved to an executable so there are now two files in the package

1611575072446.png

PLEASE read in the installation section (3) in the pdf notes BEFORE running the installer executable

NOTE that if you have added custom models in alpha 13 then you will lose their detailed footprints unless you copy a file from alpha 13 to alpha 14 after installation.

1611575238753.png

Backup MFDB.dbs in the global folder of the alpha 14 installation. Then copy that file in the alpha 13 installation into alpha 14. This should bring the custom models across. Also if you have added any object libraries into alpha 13 you will need to re-add them in alpha 14. I am expecting that alpha 14 will be the last installer needing this since the executable installer will be able to update an existing installation

Last edited:
Country
sweden
For my install I went to Properties of the .exe fil and marked Security - Unblock. When I ran the .exe as administrator Windows defender found Trojan:Script/Wacatac - and deleted it the .exe file.

I downloaded the .zip file again and checked it for virus with Windows defender. It found the same virus.

EDIT 2: After downloading again and unblocking the zip file there were no virus reports, and the installer worked fine.

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
You can open the exe with 7zip, and extract the files. But as Jon writes, there is no need to do so.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are a number of reasons to use the exe.
  • First it should reduce the incidence of windows security errors for the files
  • second it provides a safe way to update an existing installation so the wrong files do not get overwritten for example
  • third ADE will need to move to an executable installer at some point and the sooner it does the sooner I can be sure it works correctly
  • fourth it reduces the risk of the file structure being accidently compromised
  • and finally having a zip build leaves me with two installers to update and keep in sync

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
Cheers Jon, was looking forward to this build to finally give things a go with stock airfield editing and it all worked perfectly. Installed, loaded a default turf field, removed the vegetation exclusions from the AI paths, built the project, loaded in the sim and viola!! No more barecut forest around the runway :) Then just loaded the XML into the sim and proceeded to add a sock and some vegetation/water polys in the game editor. Feels good to be working on FS scenery again!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi.
I am totally lost :rolleyes:
Where is the download area for Airport Design Editor 2020?

Cheers!
There isn't one at the moment since I withdrew the current alpha due to a serious bug we found - hopefully should be available in a day or so

Country
spain
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I volunteer to be an alpha or beta tester

My english is very poor, but google translator helps me

Country
sweden
I have read and understood the withdrawel message. Even so I want you to know that I have continued with alpha14 to update a couple of airports (for taxisigns and new taxiways) and both the saving and compiling have worked flawlessly, just as the automatic copying into Community folder.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Tommy - much appreciated feedback. I hope to have a new alpha later today or tomorrow