• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 17 Released

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Looks the same as any other airport loaded from stock

1615559846102.png

Country
us-california
How do you pull down taxiway in the build option? To add a taxiway?
I don’t see it in the options, with add building, runway, taxiway sign, etc..
Did you see the way they are connecting the taxiway to each other, like a jigsaw, lock and step connector? Very noticeable at the taxiway J and 30 in real life, not sure what they call it in sim, as they are just random. But its the taxiway just north of runway 26L and west of 12-30.

I need to remove that one, and move it north. I tried to drag it, like I did in ADE for P3D, it only drags he centerlines around..

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am sorry but I am really stuck what to say. I do not understand 'pull down taxiway in the build option. You add taxiways exactly the same way in ADE 2020 as you did with ADE for P3D
I need some screen shots please

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
@SMWilliams. You can rename a full taxiway by going to list mode. Next, sort the list by taxiway name(A,B...). Then select the specific taxiway letter and edit. ADE also has a group select shortcut which you can use to select all the taxiway links in a taxiway.

There is also a utility for validating taxiway sign integrity but it has not be updated for MSFS:

Nice to see someone noticed it :)
I will revisit it and see if updating is practical with my current knowledge of MSFS.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Nice to see someone noticed it :)
I will revisit it and see if updating is practical with my current knowledge of MSFS.
Off topic here but I tried your app and got an error and close when trying to open an xml file from the file menu. Perhaps I need to read the manual but.....

1615736720082.png

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
It's a long time since I looked at it. Not exactly a work of art and whilst the answer is in the manual, it is hardly intuitive. The crash when there is no default path configured is just awful. As it reads the xml created from your ADE Compile, I will take another look at it when you are further along in development. Thanks for trying it and pointing out its first and major pitfall.

Country
australia
When i try and create a project from stock i get an error saying base file not found, check content path. The content path seems to be correct, and the check paths option says "no errors". The path is currently C:\Users\kaufm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Country
unitedstates
I had the same problem and it was suggested to me to make sure that the folders are not read only. Uncheck the read only on the folder property menu.

Country
unitedstates
I'm not certain that what I'm experiencing is related to ADE or just an issue with the SDK, but when adding taxiways and setting options such as center line, lights, width, etc, none of it shows up in sim once I load the package. I then noticed that when adding taxiways directly from the sim, the same thing happens. Am I missing something, or did I perhaps mess my package up?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
As I understand it, The taxiways may not show unless they are connected to a parking spot. The parking spot can be deleted before the package is published.