• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 ADE Poor Performance with P3D open.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Just curious, has anyone else had any performance issues with ADE while their sim is running? For whatever reason, if I have P3Dv3 running (Even Paused and collapsed to the Taskbar) it's practically impossible to use ADE, it lags so bad. I've had this issue for a while, but use to, if I Paused then collapsed the sim to the Taskbar, (As I tried above) I would be able to use ADE just fine. I don't understand what the issue could be. CPU and GPU are barely taking any load while memory is only at 31%.

ade_performance.PNG

Any ideas? There must be a bottleneck somewhere. I don't remember if this happened with FSX or P3Dv4 as well. My v4 license needs to be renewed, so I'm currently unable to test that..

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well to be honest I can't see any particular delays in the program. There are several reasons for apparent hanging in ADE.

The first relates to comms between ADE and the sim. I can only find one reference to this in the log:

1530615102903.png

This shows three attempts to connect two of one second and the third of four seconds. ADE only logs connections taking longer than one second.

The second relates to loading airports. Specifically generation of detailed footprints. If you haven't downloaded the model footprint database from the same page as the ADE download then ADE will be creating footprints as you load airports. This is a slow process. However there is only one apparent file load in the log which happened quickly:

1530615358676.png

Can you please confirm that this problem is only apparent when the Sim is running?

Country
brazil
Not ADE theme, but i´ve same thing with FSX-SE and Sbuilder open... with ADE im only get the freeze if FSX-SE connect, im close FSX-SE and all return to ok.