• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Ade9x

Country
us-arizona
Problem loading stock airports in FS9

ADE9X will just stop (freeze up, fail to respond) when trying to load stock airports. I did not try to load all of the stock airports only the ones in Arizona that I am interested in.

I did run the ADE Environment checker it can back (ok to run ADE: FS9). So I apparently have all the files needed.

I can load an airport that was created with AFCAD and in the FS9 addon scenery by using (load airport from BGL) selection of the file menu.

thank you
David

Country
unitedstates
Welcome to the forum.

Try loading only one airport at a time. File/Open Stock Airport, then enter the ICAO in the box next to the Find Now button. Then click Find Now, double click on the airport that comes up.

Good luck

Bob

Country
us-arizona
Hi Bob:

thanks for the welcome and suggestion but no dice still wont load a stock airport just locks up

David

Country
unitedstates
Hmmmm...Is there an airport list tree on the left side of the window that opens when you try to open an airport?

Bob

Country
us-arizona
Yes there is. I did try getting to it that way also.

I just noticed that when it freezes the word stock info is in red on the screen so it has already decompiled

Thanks for the help

Country
us-arizona
Hi Bob:

well I think I have figured it out.

It may take too long for the information of the airport or I may have got impatient with waiting either could be true.

I will experiment later and wait as long as it takes.

In the mean time I have found a work around I load the airport in to AFCAD and save it then go into ADE9X and load from BGL then using the tool menu an click on load data. then click on each item seperatly until they are all added for the airport.

then save it and then compile it.

It is a long way around but it seems to work ok I hope.

Thanks for all the help

David

Country
unitedstates
What OS are you using? If Vista, where did you install FS9 and ADE?

After you do get an airport open, can you save it as an ADE file, then reopen it in ADE?

Bob

Country
us-arizona
My os windows XP home version with SP1

FS9 and ADE are in the C:/program files

yes I am able to save it as an ADE and reload it from the saved file all seems to work very good.

I did finaly load a stock airport in AZ. KCHD Chandler Mun. airport but it took about 30 minutes to get it all loaded.

Could it be that I may have something(s) running in the background that I am not aware of?

I may have to have some one come and check it out for me.

Thanks again
David

Country
unitedstates
David

Does anything else run slow on your computer? My guess is yes.

My XP machine runs much better with SP3 installed. If SP2 and 3 are a problem on your computer, than there are other issues that we need to look at. You may need to delete temporary internet files and make sure the registry is in good shape. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, then I can give you some help along those lines. Interesting ,though, that AFCAD will load airports but not ADE. ADE should be just as fast.

Bob

My os windows XP home version with SP1

FS9 and ADE are in the C:/program files

yes I am able to save it as an ADE and reload it from the saved file all seems to work very good.

I did finaly load a stock airport in AZ. KCHD Chandler Mun. airport but it took about 30 minutes to get it all loaded.

Could it be that I may have something(s) running in the background that I am not aware of?

I may have to have some one come and check it out for me.

Thanks again
David

Look in your settings for ADE9X (one of the pulldown windows). Make sure the logging is set to normal and not full. Logging higher then normal slows down ADE loading default airports.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Make sure that the Application Logging Checkbox on the first settings page is not ticked.

Country
us-arizona
Bob:
every thing else seems to be running normal to me

I only have SP2 loaded I dont have SP3

thanks David

Country
us-arizona
Hi Jon:

the Application logging Checkbox is not ticked.

Thanks for pointing me here for help
David