• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Flight Planner - Suggested Enhancements

Don,

Can you memorize the compile settings
  • FSX respective FS9
  • add _FS9 / _FSX to filename
I happen to compile for FSX and want to have the version added to the filename, so that I have to correct this setting on every compilation. If you could save it and alway default to the last used value I guess this would be helpful.

And another one.

When in course of decompiling traffic bgls you have to add unknown airports, you will most likely want to have the same settings all the time. So it would be helpful if the
  • Airport exists for FS9
  • Airport exists for FSX
values would be memorized and defaulted to at least during the program runtime. Knowing you I guess you don't want them to be restored to the last used setting with a restart of AIFP. :D

gadgets

Resource contributor
For you, Martin, anything.:)

Can you memorize the compile settings

* FSX respective FS9
* add _FS9 / _FSX to filename
Will be in the next release.
When in course of decompiling traffic bgls you have to add unknown airports, you will most likely want to have the same settings all the time. So it would be helpful if the

* Airport exists for FS9
* Airport exists for FSX

values would be memorized and defaulted to at least during the program runtime.
I don't understand what you're asking for. Please expand.

Don

It was indeed a bit unclear :eek:

What I mean is this: when you add unknown airports, you have the option to add them as FS9 and/or FSX airports. The buttons 'Save' and 'Save all' are only active when you have made this selection. And you have to tick mark FS9 and / or FSX airports each time the dialog is opened.

I think that this is a setting the user chooses and will rarely change again. So it would be worth to be memorized, at least during one session, but preferable at the next program start as well. If needed it can always be changed.

Was it clearer this time?

Time Table

Ability to export the displayed departure and arrival information for a selected airport.

Cheers

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the suggestion 5um1th (just how do you pronounce that?). It's fairly simple to do. I'll see if I can get it in Release 1.1.

Don

EDIT. It was even easier than I thought. I can confirm that arrival and departure information for any airport may be 'dumped" to Notepad in the next release. From there you can copy/paste/adjust tabs, etc. to put the data in the required final format.
Don

Last edited:
Hi Don,

Would it be possible to include the use the IATA code for airport of departure and airport of arrival.
The vast majority of the airline time tables use IATA codes

Suppose this can be done via the airlinelist.dat

Rgds
Luc

gadgets

Resource contributor
Suppose this can be done via the airlinelist.dat
I'm not familiar with "airlinelist.dat" (and Google doesn't find the name).

Do you mean "AirportList.dat"? If so, storing the data is the easy part. Getting it is another matter. Currently, AirportList.dat is derived from FSX's "APX" files, which don't "know" anything about IATA codes. So, there'd have to be another source of cross-referenced-to-ICAO-code informaton that I could use to extract the data.

On the other hand, in North america (at least), it appears the IATA airport code is the last three characters of the ICAO code. If that is universal, then a simple user option as to which system is to be used should be all that's necessary.

In the traffic files, however, only the ICAO code could be used since that's what he flightsim "understands".

Luc, I trust that since we're on to a new topic, the time zone problems are all now "behind us".

Don

Hi Don,

I mean of course the airportlist.dat, my mistake !!!

Yr correct, Iata code is unknow to FSX. But airlines use Iata codes in their timetables/websites, so making flightplans with Iata code would make it easier as you do not have to look up the Icao code.

In Europe the IATA code can be completely different then the ICAO code
e.g. Belgium Oostende Icao EBOS Iata OST
Belgium Brussels Icao EBBR Iata BRU
UK London Gatwick Icao EGKK Iata LGW
so the three last characters are not usable

An idea could be to adapt the airportlist.dat file manually
like Belgium|-|Brussels|Brussels National|N50 54.08333|E004 29.06668|56.08M|*|*|EBBR|BRU
This could eventually be done for the most used airports, like it was done in mraicompiler (there you can use either Iata or Icao). Then also give the users the possibility to enter the Iata code for an airport in the Edit/Add Airport screen.

During compilation the Iata codes have to be converted to Icao code.

Iata codes can easily be found on the internet or in ICAO documentation

Could this be workable for you without to much programming ?

Till now no more problems with timezones

Rgd
Luc

gadgets

Resource contributor
I'll have a look for cross-reference maerial over the next few days. The data will be the biggets problem. Using one or the other is quite trivial.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Luc, I'm happy to report that I've found a ICAO/IATA cross reference database. So that's step 1. I'll ry to implement over the next week or so.

Don