• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Flight Planner (Version 1.0) - Report Bugs and Other Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIFP disables stock FSX aircraft

Hi,

I'm running FSX SP2 and tried your program this morning. I created a simple fight plan of four legs between two airports with one aircraft. I added the stock FSX Cessna Skyhawk 172SP as the test aircraft. I compiled the bgl as FSX.

During the launch of FSX I received the following program warning: "Aircraft initialization failure. Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint 1" with the result the none of the variants of the 172 were available for me to fly. They do not appear in the choose aircraft list in FSX.

The aircraft.cfg file for the 172 appears to have been altered (date and time stamp during my time running AIFP). I was able to correct this by restoring the original aircraft.cfg fil and the 172 is again available for me to fly in FSX.

Something I did? Or the program?

Ian

gadgets

Resource contributor
No, Ian, it was the program. As noted in the documentation, the aircraft editor allows you to modify the cruising speed of the aircraft when you first enter it into the Aircraft List and the modified cruising speed is saved back to aircraft.cfg. It looks like I failed to put in a check to see whether or not the cruise speed was actually altered and, instead, update it anyway. If you didn't change the cruise speed, the original is stored in aircraft.cfg, so the only thing that will have changed is the date. But, it appears FSX "doesn't like this".

This explains a situation that arose with me last week when I added a new paint to a FSX default aircraft. The aircraft became unavailable until I had restarted FSX several times. The situation now appears to have corrected itself for me.

Very shortly, you will find a Version 1.01 of AIFP at http://members.shaw.ca/aifp.
that will only save the aircraft.cfg file when the cruise speed is changed by the user.

Thanks for raising this issue.

Don

Arrivals and Departures not working correctly

Don,

The Airport/Arrivals and Departures list for an airport is reporting only one arrival when in fact there are several. The Departures list for an airport appears to be correct.

Regards
Ian

gadgets

Resource contributor
Ian, I am unable to duplicate the problem. Did you validate the files. If so and that was error-free, then it must be some peculiarity in your file that the arrivals/departure code doesn't know how to handle. Please send me the problem files (flight plan and aircraft) and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Don

Don,

I did verify the flight plan. Aircraft and flightplan files are attached.

Ian

Attachments

• Aircraft_egka.txt
    232 bytes · Views: 559
  • Flightplans_egka.txt
    775 bytes · Views: 557

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the report, Ian. I am getting the same thing as you i.e., only one arrival, with your flight plans. It appears that I don't process flightplans that do not have flight numbers correctly vis-a-vis display of arrivals and departures. (Since most of my work is with scheduled airlines, all my test files had flight numbers.)

I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Ian, the flight number is a "red herring". I have found the problem and a new release will be posted shortly.

Look for release 1.02

Don

Don,

That was fast! Dowloaded version 1.02 and the Arrivals & Departures List is fine now.

Many thanks again.... for a great program and a great support service.

Ian

I'm using the new ver 1.03 and when I choose the Airport Arrivals & Departures, I get an error...Conversion from string "" to type 'Long" is not valid.

Invalid Path

When ever I attempt to update the add-on airports for FSX, an error message pops stating that the directory tree could not be populated and access to Documents and Settings was denied. If I attempt to run the collection process anyway, it crashes with a "malformed directory path" error.

Running FSX SP2 on Vista Ultimate - I am running AIFP with full admin rights. Any ideas?

Brian

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the report, Brian. Strange that you should be denied access to that directory if you have full admin rights. AIFP uses a standard system call. I don't use Vista, but perhaps someone who has "conquered" that OS will jump in and explain what's happening and suggest a workaround.

Regarding the second error message, that is a bug in AIFP that was easily fixed. (It didn't properly handle a blank return from the choose folders routine.) The fix will be in the next release of AIFP likely in the next day or so. (I'm not going to make a special release for this fix only because even with that bug fixed, you wouldn't have any greater capability.)

Don

Makes sense to me - and thank you for the quick response. You've written an AWESOME program!

Brian

Last edited:
Permissions can be tricky in Vista. I'm running Ultimate SP1, so I have had experience with what can go wrong. Have a look (in Windows Explorer) at the permissions (under the security tab). I have, as a matter of principle, gone to as high a level as I can, on my FS drive and elsewhere, and changed the privileges, to allow all users read/write access. To do this, you go into the security tab at the highest level it will allow you, select Advanced, and if you have a permission entry for everyone, highlight it and press Edit. It'll ask you if you want to proceed - yes - select the same user at the next screen, and press Edit. Make sure that the Applies to is set to "This folder, subfolders, and files, and Allow Full Control. Apply, "OK", then OK back out. You should now have full access to all folders, subfolders and files below that heading.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Consolidate weekly FPs

Hi,

First of all thanks for yr very usefull program

I did some testing with AI Flight Planner 1.04.

I click on Start New FP and insert two legs (see attachment 1 and 2). When I click on Insert FP in list I receive an error message stating that the departure airport of the first leg and the destination airport of the last leg are not the same. When I look at the 2 legs they are the same !
When I answer to the message Yes the FP is put in the FP list.
But then something is wrong with the dep time at EETN, 1000 lt is for the first leg 0800 gmt but for the other legs 0700 gmt (which is correct as summertime)see attachment 3.

When I do the same exercise without consolidate, so entering the flightplan day by day I do not have this problem.

Am I missing something here ??

Kind Rgds
Luc

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 580
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 505

gadgets

Resource contributor
Luc, this is due to an elusive bug I've been trying to isolate for a couple of weeks. Thanks for helping me to "pin it down".

It will be fixed in the next release - hopefully before the weekend.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.