• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI Flight Planner (Version 1.0) - Report Bugs and Other Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
canada
I have been trying to convert the Air Canada flight plans to FSX, everything goes well but when I start up FS I only get a few A/C (319's 330's & 767's). I tried to compile is for FS9 and still got the same. When I used ttools everything showed up. I have no addons in the scenery the only file is the Air Canada bgl, I know this cose I just reinstalled FSX.

Attachments

• FlightPlans_AIG_Su08_AirCanada.txt
    188.6 KB · Views: 610
  • Aircraft_AIG_Su08_AirCanada.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 548
Country
canada
Ok I have been playing with it a little further and found out if I divide the flight plans up into aircraft type I can get all the aircraft to show up

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Kuky, I need to be sure I understand what you are doing.
I have been trying to convert the Air Canada flight plans to FSX
Are you converting the flight plan source, or are you simply compiling for FSX? Are the flight plan files you attached to your post the converted flight plans or the FS9 base files prior to conversion?

Have you attempted to decompile the resulting traffic file? If so, do the de-compiled flight plan and aircraft files agree with the flight plans and aircraft files prior to compilation. If they do, then that "points" to something outside AIFP.

When you compiled for FS9, did you try to run that traffic file under FS9 or FSX? If the latter, and you have FS9, please try running under FS9 to see what happens. Under which FS version did you run the TTools-compiled version?

Are the missing aircraft listed in FSX Traffic Explorer?

Bottom line, The flight plan file contains thousands of legs. I'm not aware of any general problem whereby AI simply don't show up. To be able to diagnose the problem, I need more precise information than "I only get a few A/C". Could I suggest you compile a file containing only the first four or five flight plans and see if everything is there. Alternately, use the subset feature and focus on one or two airports. For test purposes, don't bother with any conversion; just compile for FSX. If not, please send me both the text files and the traffic files and try to be a little more specific about which A/C don't show up.

Just before clicking submit I got your second message.
Ok I have been playing with it a little further and found out if I divide the flight plans up into aircraft type I can get all the aircraft to show up
Thanks for the additional info. Not quite sure what to make of the new information. Could be a load problem, or perhaps the compiled not handling the aircraft file properly. What version of AIFP are you using. If earlier than 1.1, please download the latest (1.12) and try again.
Don

Country
canada
Those are the base fs9 flight plans. I am using FSX and used ttools to compile and ran it in FSX with no problem. I deleted the fs9 bgl then loaded AIFP 1.12, converted to fsx then compiled and got the same result. Only aircraft showing up are the A319 A330 B762 & B763. It took me a bit of time but I divided the flight pland into aircraft type and all showed up (A319 A320 A330 A343 B762 B763 B772 B773 E175 & E190). Ttolls version 2.02. Also tried just for fs9 and only got the 4 types to show up. The missing aircraft are not listed in traffic explorer

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I've uploaded and installed the WOAI Air Canada package aircraft, modifed the titles in your aircaft file to match and compiled. I'm getting a similar result, so I'll have a look at it on the weekend.

But, something to note is that in the WOAI package and in your aircraft file, the cruise speed for all AI is set to 200kts. While that's not the total cause of the situation, it may be a contributor. AIFP expects to have the real cruise speed in the aircraft file. (I know why WOAI does this. There is strong disagreement in some circles that it is appropriate. AIFP takes a diferent approach to solve the problem.)

Don

Country
netherlands
hi Don,
Back again. When i load AIFPv1.12 with my test_FP, i get this:

The file "Flightplans_BertTEST_EDBB_F50_FSX.bgl" contains the following observations/errors

The following airport(s): EDB2 and EDBB are not in "AirportList.dat".

Line 1
Leg 01: Airport "EDBB" not known to system. Limited data retrieved from companion airport file
Leg 02: Airport "EDB2" not known to system. Limited data retrieved from companion airport file

And i have added the airportdata when i made this plan??? Is this correct?

Regards.
Bert

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, please edit your AirportList.dat to remove the "region" data from these entries. (If that solves the problem, let me know. If it doesn't, please send me your AirportList.dat file.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It took me a bit of time but I divided the flight plans into aircraft type and all showed up
Thanks for the tip, kuky. It was, in fact, the key to the problem.

It appears that both FS9 and FSX require that the aircraft entries in the traffic file be stored in numeric order. AIFP sequences aircraft in the order of reference by the flight plan file - which is unlikely to be in aircraft numeric order. Unfortunately, the AIFPC compiler (unlike TTools) does not sort the aircraft file entries prior to storage in the traffic file. The problem goes away if AI Flight Planner sorts the file before submitting it to the compiler.

I'll make another general release with this fix.

Don

Country
netherlands
Bert, please edit your AirportList.dat to remove the "region" data from these entries. (If that solves the problem, let me know. If it doesn't, please send me your AirportList.dat file.

Don

hi Don,
Problem not solved after removing the "regions" data.
Herewith the AirportList.data

Regards.
bert

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, can't find anything wrong. When I select either airport in a flight plan, the system (correctly) reports the airports are available only in FSX. No error on compile. (Were you attempting to compile for FSX or FS9?) Another possibility, do you also have a custom airport list? If so, try deleting it or changing its name. It may be getting "in the way".

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.