• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS AIFP "mounted" MSFS traffic no longer working

Country
england
Gelomare,

I think the that issues that you are describing with your offline Ai Aircraft ( created from AIFP traffic BGL file ) are related to this post -

I have also been having issues with custom created offline Ai Traffic, using the BGL file format, and the ‘ randomness ‘ of any Ai Aircraft appearing in MSFS seems to correspond with the OP’s comments posted.

Kind regards,

MAIW MSFS conversion team.

Pete.

Country
unitedstates
Thank you!! Hoping a fix is underway. My problems actually started after SU11. Before then my custom flight plans worked pretty good with one notable exception. I had to get all my parking radius set corrected. I had read somewhere that Asobo was slowly moving away from the BGL format for AI-Traffic. Currently, i have not quite got a handle on how to include custom flight plans with any of the injected AI Traffic apps. Keeping my fingers crossed for a breakthrough though.
Gelomare

Last edited:
Country
germany
all big 3rd party devs have moved away from BGL based traffic. As a result ASOBO does not get much feedback about issues with it. If you encounter any issues with BGL based AI report over at https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html . AFAIK there is currently no official SDK support for BGL based traffic, so ASOBO might not be able to help there a lot.

Country
unitedstates
all big 3rd party devs have moved away from BGL based traffic. As a result ASOBO does not get much feedback about issues with it. If you encounter any issues with BGL based AI report over at https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/index.html . AFAIK there is currently no official SDK support for BGL based traffic, so ASOBO might not be able to help there a lot.
Thanks for the info, Kaiii3. I know that there isn't a way to add custom flightplans to AIG currently. Are there AIG tools that can handle the process of creating such plans. I know that AIGTT works for FSX and FS9. Will it also work for MSFS? Thanks Gelomare!

Country
unitedstates
Kaiii3, Thanks for that explanation! I now understand why the manual install button on the AIM is greyed out. Some of the AIG sanctioned flight refer to manual install. Or am i referring to two different process.es?
Gelomare

Country
unitedstates
Thank you for the info. It pisses me off, however, that ASOBO says "well since the 3 or 4 developers making AI traffic packages for MSFS didn't use .bgls, who cares about the hundreds or thousands of authors who have produced .bgl traffic that works up until this point in our sim? Let's just force everybody to go with 1 of 3 or 4 options and give them no way to make their own traffic with a solution for a .bgl work around". AI always seems like an afterthought to them despite how huge it has been over the decades. If nobody upgrading to MSFS from the other platforms cared about custom AI, there wouldn't be 10s of thousands of flightplan files on Avsim lol. Ugh.

Country
unitedstates
Update!! My custom AIFP Flights are working now and are better than before. My flights depart and arrive on time as programmed. I have no idea what cause them to stop as well as what caused them to start working again. I did change a couple of things in the planning related to parking radius and departure schedules. All flights schedules are set to depart at five-minute intervals. The only other change i made was to follow the suggestion put forth by voeni, which is posted below. My suggestion is that you might give it a try to see if it works for you as well. Thanks everyone!

Gelomare
If you only adjust the parking specs at your airport, AIG aircrafts won't use those parking because their own specs. User 'ryanosaurus' has an excellent file (Wingspan Modification Update), which you can easily use with AIG Traffic, and which sets appropriate radii for all AIG aircrafts to be used with more realistic radii. Works like a charm.

The file is incorporated in his 'FSSimStudios CYVR Enhancement for AIG Traffic' download on flightsim.to.

Country
germany
I now understand why the manual install button on the AIM is greyed out.
We could "convert" the old TXT based flightplans to AIGFP format in AIM, but since we can not garantue that they work 100% in AIGFP we have disabled this option for MSFS users. P3D users can install manually via AIM as BGL. The other point we took into the decission was the fact that installing AI manually into MSFS is not as stright forward as it is in P3D for the avarage users. For experts there is still AIFP to install flightplans and for all others we offer OCI.

Country
unitedstates
We could "convert" the old TXT based flightplans to AIGFP format in AIM, but since we can not garantue that they work 100% in AIGFP we have disabled this option for MSFS users. P3D users can install manually via AIM as BGL. The other point we took into the decission was the fact that installing AI manually into MSFS is not as stright forward as it is in P3D for the avarage users. For experts there is still AIFP to install flightplans and for all others we offer OCI.
I am using AIFP now. Thanks!