• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 AIFP Target Folder

Country
israel
Hello everyone...

Recently I Upgraded my Win from 7 to 8.1 and had to reinstall fs2004, sins than I'm having problem with AIFP target folder, the program doesn't recognize it....

Any help?!

Thanx...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roman, AIFP uses the system registry to locate the various versions of FlightSim. Are you sure FS9 installed properly? Are you "Running as Administrator"? Perhaps you could be a little more specific as to the nature of your difficulty, e.g., What are you attempting to do when you experience the problem? What is the exact error message you receive?
Does FS9 operate properly otherwise?

Don

Country
israel
This is the screen i'm seeing when I try to use AIFP

1.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Try deleting the file AIFP.ini. It probably thinks FS9 is still at the old location.

DOn

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Assuming you are running as administrator, and since it apparently has been working up until you re-installed, I can only conclude your system registry doesn't contain the expected information. I recall one other report of problems with AIFP after converting to Windows 10, but I believe that issue was due to inadequate Windows permissions.

I don't use Windows 10 (and don't plan to convert any time in the near future), so I can't do any first-hand testing. I will, however, take a look at the code - when I get a chance - to see what else other than registry errors might be responsible.

In the meantime, anyone else feel free to jump in.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Try using the free Flight1 Registry Fix program to put the correct lines into the registry.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roman1987, I just checked the code involved in the enabling of the Target Version radio buttons. The FS9 button is enabled if:
  • the "FS9 Base Folder" entry in AIFP.ini points to a folder contains a file named fs9.exe, or failing that
  • AIFP finds a registry entry for FS9 that "points" to such a folder.
So, if that radio button is not enabled, neither of those conditions exist (or you haven't given AIFP sufficient privileges to access the registry (but in that case, I'd expect Windows to tell you so).

You can work around the issue temporarily by opening the AIFP.ini file and in the FS9 Base Folder entry, add the full path to the FS9 folder containing FS9.exe. (This MUST be done while AIFP IS NOT running.) That way, AIFP won't even look to the registry, but I strongly recommend you fix the registry anyway as Tom has suggested.

Don