• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 AIFP3 error

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
just sending a foto taken with my iPhone.
I need the traffic file.

they are inmediatelly recognized by editvoicepack
EditVoicePack doesn't have anything to do with the AI Engine. Please verify at a stock airport.

As to your question of what am I expecting to happen: departure and arrival of the aircrafts from the selected airports at the indicated times and destinations, as I have seen them doing on older FP that I created years ago
I was looking for some specifics. But, since there appears to be only one aircraft shuttling back and forth between two airports, I don't need anything further.

Don

Country
peru
Both are stock airports modified with ADE175 that I have used before.
So I understand that being a single aircraft going back and forth that you don’t need anything more to figure out whats happening

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I was referring to not needing any more details.

I do need the traffic file.

Don

Country
peru
Attaching 2 FP which are an example of what I have created
don't know why but only 2 FP show when I have created about 10

Attachments

• Aircraft_SPSO-SPIM-B737FAP.txt
    33 bytes · Views: 283
  • Airports_SPLP-SPUR FAP 12.30PM.txt
    122 bytes · Views: 246

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Mameni, I asked for the traffic file, i.e., the .bgl file whose name will be prefaced with "Traffic_". Instead, you have sent me the aircraft file from a flight plan file set entitled "SPSO-SPIM-B737FAP" and the aircraft file from another file set entitled "SPLP-SPUR FAP 12.30PM" - neither of which appear to be related to the file set loaded in the earlier screenshots.

I can't help you if you don't send me one of the traffic files that are causing you situation.

Don

Country
peru
Sorry for the mistake, this are some of the traffic.bgl that you need located in the following path: C\Prepar3d-v4-Academic\Scenery\World\Scenery. All of them have the same inconvenience. I can see the aircrafts at the airports but that's all, they do not move from their parking position.
Hope Iv'e corrected the mistake
Regards

Attachments

• Traffic_SPLP TO SP70-B737FAP.bgl
    4.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Traffic_SPIM SPHI LAN A320 15.00.bgl
    30.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Traffic_SPIM-SPZO Peruvian 07.15.bgl
    7.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Traffic_SPSO-SPZO Star CRJ200-10.15 AM.bgl
    10.2 KB · Views: 291

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

You may be encountering a DST problem. Look 1 hour later and 1 hour earlier and see if they depart then. If so, it is probably due to DST/not DST.

When I'm looking for AI aircraft, I always set the time using the GMT option in FS, following the departure times listed in the Flightplans.txt file.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
PS. And note that if your time setting puts local time into one day and GMT time into a different day FS chooses the local time day, so you might be off by 24 hours when checking the GMT time (if it is a WEEK plan).

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bottom line first. FlightSim (neither FSX nor PV4) does not execute your traffic files. I don't know which aircraft you were looking at (probably the default ones), but it seems unlikely they were the ones programmed in your traffic file. Traffic Toolbox explorer shows no activity from your files whatsoever.

This suggests there are errors in your flight plans that AIFP is not detecting. In particular, Traffic_SPIM SPHI LAN A320 15.00.bgl and Traffic_SPLP TO SP70-B737FAP.bgl both contain single-leg FPs. (It would take a very complex algorithm to detect that.) But, the main reason is that your traffic file names contain a period ("."), tricking Flightsim into believing the file extension is not .bgl but rather, everything after the first-encountered period. I was previously unaware of this issue and will add a check to AIFP.

So, fix the one-way FPs and delete the time from you traffic file names and all should be well.

Don

Country
peru
My dear friends I am really happy that all of the aircrafts are now departing on time, haven´t checked yet,but I am sure that they will be arriving also as programed. And all this achieved because of your help. So thaks again.
Only thing I did was deleting the time from the traffic files as per Don´s recomendation.

Country
peru
Additional comment: there seems to be a 2nd. aircraft behind the original doing the same FP is this normal or is it because of a mistake in the FP

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It could be due to two copies of the same traffic file being within the "view" of Flightsim, or it could be two different traffic files calling for the same action. You'll have to sort this one out.

Don

Country
france
Since my FSX times I have been "cleaning" the stock AI traffic file, as various flights were duplicated into the original files.
Although aircrafts had different registrations and activity percentages, they were flying the same flights at the same time.
I now fly P3Dv4.1, and also altered the TrafficAircraft.bgl...
My way to check for duplicates is to extract the .bgl, load the FlightPlansAircraft.txt file into a spreadsheet software (using LibreOffice freeware here), and sort the lines by aircraft + airport of departure + airport of arrival + departure time. Got total 255 duplicated flights (except for activity level) into my P3D original traffic file...
If you now simply sort by airport of departure + airport of arrival + departure time + arrival time, you can evidence identical aircrafts but under different liveries.

Last edited: