• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Airbus H225/H225M

Country
mexico
Hi lads

It's As I mentioned in the "I'm working on aircraft" forum, this is a humble begining for this beautiful helicopter. All shapes are hard to get and she has a lot of details.

I'd like to share with you a few more captures:

The control meshes:
Airbus EC725 Caracal 00.jpg

Airbus EC725 Caracal 01.jpg

Now, turbosmooth modifier has been applied. I will try to optimize everything as I go:

Airbus EC725 Caracal 02.jpg

Airbus EC725 Caracal 03.jpg

Airbus EC725 Caracal 04.jpg

Still a long way to go, but I like what I have so far.

Thank you and see'ya all next time.
Sergio.
;)

Country
mexico
Good day!

Another small update to keep things interesting here. Well, I managed to almost finish the overall exterior design and today, I began with the interior:

From the exterior mesh, this time I didn't use the "shell modifier" to create this. I took the entire mesh and flipped all polygons in order to use it as needed. For starter, I took and arbitrary offset value for the inner panels width.
Fortunatelly, I was carefully enough to realize that the cabin floor isn't in the same height than the floor panel located in the cockpit:

EC225_MORE DETAILS.jpg

I began with the left panel with single column of polygons and went from there. I learned how to use the "Procutter" in 3ds max and took advantage of it in the fuselage rear. That's how I got the shape of the floor panel next to the tailboom.
EC725_140221_02.jpg

EC725_140221_01.jpg

Also, here and there I added more details. In the fuselage I worked my way to have the overall design of the landing gear (my first time doing it and it has been a real pain in the but to get at least a decent image of the details).
Of course, I need to adjust some diameters in the struts and refine it more. From my favorite 3ds max instructor on the web (Arrimus 3D), I learned the advantages of working with instances; very useful!!! I have mine hiden and modelled perfectly perpendicular to the main axes. The instances in weird angles, still have the transformations intact; however, I will map the original instances in a neat position! That's the reason I highly recommend to use instances. No more nasty angles in the UV layouts!

EC725_140221_04.jpg

Here she is like I left her a few moments ago:

EC725_140221_05.jpg

We are getting there, aren't we? ;)

Thank you and c'ya later.
Sergio.

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
This machine reminds me of lots of memories in the back with the door open like in the movies !:D
EC725 (caracal) suffers from insufficiently powerful engine the payload is only a few hundred kilograms due to the armor and the port gunners

Country
mexico
Hello lads

Another update: This time, the interior. The basic cabin and cockpit layout are both done; however, the lack of graphical material for the overall shapes is overwhelming.
Sadly, for this reason, I need to "improvise" with measurement aproximation in almost very single piece (meaning: a lot of artistic licence will take place... :confused:).

Well, there you go:

EC725_070321_01.jpg

EC725_070321_02.jpg

EC725_070321_03.jpg

EC725_070321_04.jpg

EC725_070321_05.jpg

Greetings and be well.
Sergio.

Country
mexico
Howdy lads

I've been jumping from one place to another... The central console is proven to be a real hasle (way too much details in order to achieve something... decent). On the other hand, the tail rotor has been refined; I'd say it is almost finished.
In any event, here we go with some captures.

As you might notice, the tail rotor isn't a piece of cake...
EC725_190321_01.jpg

However, I am doing my best to have a nice rendition of it:
EC725_190321_02.jpg

Another angle:
EC725_190321_03.jpg

Finally, what I've done so far with the central console and the dashboard panel. Some pieces and parts aren't not rendered, this is because they are instances still to be mapped (by the way, I brought back my collection of switches which may or not be
in the final model... who knows what's useful!!! :duck::duck::duck:)
EC725_190321_04.jpg

P.S.
My kindest regards to MTO84 for all help provided so far, a big thank you my friend!.

Thanks and be well.
Sergio.

Last edited:
Country
mexico
G'day lads!

Now the real pain begins... UV mapping and textures 🥶. I finished the overall color scheme of the tail rotor and here is how it sees now:
EC425_250221_01.jpg

A closer look to the main details (I am regreting now the high level of detail; it looks great at this distance... Some people never learn 🤬).

EC425_250221_02.jpg

Anyway, I hope you like it.

For a while, crocodile.
Sergio.