• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Analyse Parking greyed

Country
germany
I installed AIG Turkish Airlines Summer 2015.
Works fine, but the button "Analyse Parking" remains greyed for some airports (such as LTBA).
Time table works, Parking peaks work too...

By the way, the reroute function works great, only the warning of "saving the dataset" does not appear when exit AIFP3.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The Analyse Parking button will be disabled under three conditions:
  • the airport is not available on your system as an add-on or stock airport,
  • the flight plan does not use any parking at that airport,
  • the local time offset from GMT is not known for that airport
If none of these conditions are true, please send me a link to the flight plan archive so that I can attempt to duplicate.

I'll check why the save warning is not issued after a reroute, and fix in the next release.

Don

EDIT: BTW Herman, I found a link to those flightplans. While I did find another problem with the Traffic Analyser, the Analyse Parking button was enabled on my system when I selected LTBA. Are there other airports where that button isn't enabled?

Last edited:
Country
germany
I confess the scenery is a little complex.

I had to modify a freeware airport of LTBAby ADE9 with "split compile", because there were to many aprons to compile.
And I had to rename the ADE bgl with the parkings to zzzzz.....bgl to control the sequence of loading.

So you could not find it, I believe...

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
For AI, AIFP and, I suspect, most other Flightsim features/applications to work, the parking must be in the main airport file along with the runways and taxiways. The name of the file doesn't matter.

Don

Country
germany
What is the significant property of the main airport file in your opinion?

How do you find this file?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
What I refer to as the "main airport file" is the .bgl file generated by ADE that contains the <Airport> record including the airport definition data, runways, taxiways and parking. You have referred to a "split compile" which (apparently from your post) allows aprons to be included in another .bgl file. I know nothing about this capability and have never used it.

However many files there are, the parking must be defined in the same one as the runways and taxiways and that file must define an airport having the same ICAO designator as the flight plans.

Don

Country
germany
I have 7 bgls which meet this properties in my scenery folder (and are shown if I use AFCAD2 to find "LTBA")

Attachments

• ltba.zip
    94.1 KB · Views: 149

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
You need to enter the ICAO code for the airport that has the parking spots. If LTBA is not that one, enter the overlay code. If they both have parking spots, I don't know how AIFP can combine those, if it can. AITM can do that (enter the ICAO codes separated by commas).

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
If you have checked Stock in the Airport groupbox on the Traffic Analyser, then AIFP will use the stock airport. (Doesn't matter what's enabled in your Scenery Library. If you check Add-on, then you have to tell AIFP which add-on airport you want it to reference. Once again, it doesn't matter what's enabled in your Scenery Library.

Don

Country
germany
No, I am not be asked...
:(

But if I deactivate 6 of my 7 bgls and let only ZZZZ01.bgl in the scenery folder, "Analise Parking" is active and works fine.

:)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Herman, when I click the add-on checkbox, I get a message "Add-on airport file not yet located. Do you wish to locate it? If you didn't get that message, then you must have checked the Airports menu item "Look for Add-On Airports in Scenery Library" - in which case AIFP would already have known where to find the add-on airport. The Traffic Analyser Airport menu has several functions related to the specification of add-on airports. Their purpose is described in Section 11.1 of the user manual.

AIFP searches the active Scenery Library items looking for a .airport .bgl file for the designated airport. It does not expect to find more than 1, so stops the search immediately upon finding the first. By naming the main airport .bgl "ZZZZZ" in this case, you ensured that AIFP would not find that file if there was another airport .bgl in the scenery folder. Because this is such an unusual situation and the time it takes to analyse every .bgl contained in every active scenery folder (resulting in "dead time" from the point of view of the user), I am reluctant to search the entire library every time. What I may be able to do (since Jon apparently has enabled this capability in ADE), is ensure the "found" add-on contains parking.

In the meantime, if you name your main airport .bgl, or alternately, name your additional airport files, such that the main file will be analysed first (standard files sequencing is observed), I think you'll find the Traffic Analyser will perform normally.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
if you name your main airport .bgl, or alternately, name your additional airport files, such that the main file will be analysed first (standard files sequencing is observed),
Oops!. Can't do that - unless it also contains the DeleteAirport code - since all parking - and whatever else is in that file - would be excluded by the Delete Airport functions in another of those .bgls. If the DeleteAirport code in in the same file as the parking, then it MUST be listed first or all the rest will be excluded when you run FS.

You might want to check Jon's instructions very carefully.

Don

Country
germany
Yes, it was necessary to name these bgls like I did to get the bgls loaded in the right sequence...

But don't worry any more about it. If I want the parking analysed, I move the 6 bgls to a subfolder of the scenery folder and move them back later.

Thanks for your help and great programs.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You're too late. I've already implemented the fix and am about to make a development release which I hope you'll test. (If Jon's made this a standard feature of ADE, then you are only the first to have run into this difficulty.) In any case, you shouldn't need to be concerned about any bgls which do not contain an airport record, e.g., CVX, _GP)

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
"_GP" also applies to FS9.

Development Release 3.1.16(c) is now available at http://stuff4fs.com. Please put all 7 .bgls back into the Addon Scenery folder, check the mentioned Airport menu item and give it a try. The first encountered .bgl with an airport record containing at least one parking space should be selected automatically.

Don

Country
germany
Okay, sorry to say, it does not work, analyse parking remains greyed, even if I try to use "stock airport".

The timetable seems to work, but it takes much longer till it is ready.

Perhaps you can use my ltba.zip files for testing (just a new scenery folder and an empty texture folder should do it)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The changes I made would have no effect on the status of that button. The purpose of the change was to select an add-on file containing parking - which it does for me. I mentioned very early in this thread the possible causes of that button being disabled.

Yes, I need your files in order to go any further. Please include all 7 .bgl files as well as the traffic file you are attempting to analyse. You can attach to a post or e-mail to don at stuff4fs dot com.

Don