• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Animated Vertex Group - Mesh fail with export (blender)

Country
italy
I didn't have. i still have :D i was trying that also today with no luck my characters all get spaghettified after the export. I double checked my export options but it all seems fine. Create an animation, push it down to nla tracks and sort the xml. Once in the sim it starts in T Pose with the first frame and the animation gets all fucked up :(

Country
france
I did a small animation of some rotor blades and that was also working (with bones).
Could you try an attempt in your side with one of three in this below webpage ? https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-people/
I failed with the girl... 🤔

VygaZ.jpg

Jwp5O.jpg

Last edited:
Country
italy
Same issue I am getting with rigged character. No way to import from Mixamo. And Animation Restarting in blender sucks. I can't really find what's wrong and why that result

Country
france
I think several objects or meshes in MSFS don't work. I have join all objects and recreate vertex group, and Buddy is moving like my previous horses.
I will try, for the next time, to only join objects (expecting not losing origin vertex groups) and keep the original moving.

Country
france
I am quite close with Sophia 😏

but I have got this error message, I don't know why.

project XML: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\SceneryProject.xml
temp dir: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2
output dir: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2
PackageBuilder | Reading F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\SceneryProject.xml...
PackageBuilder | Preparing asset groups...
PackageBuilder | Done, 4 asset groups registered.
PackageBuilder | Generating commands for package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group ContentInfo...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group myscene...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group mymodellib...
PackageBuilder | Ready, 154 commands added.
PackageBuilder | Starting the build...
PackageBuilder | Build package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2 ...
PackageBuilder | Building assets for the package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2...
Compiling texture file TEXTURE\RP_SOPHIA_ANIMATED_003_DIF.JPG...
[CONVERTING BITMAP] 10260579888350724883
[BITMAP CONVERTED] 2D BM_BC1_UNORM 8192x8192 10260579888350724883
Compiling GLTF data file copine.gltf...
Node 'rp_sophia_animated_003_idling_upperleg_r' has non-uniform scale with children, its children may behave/render incorrectly.
Copying files from source folder F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\PackageSources\modelLib\...
Compiling BGL file from in-memory data to output file modelLib.BGL...
PackageBuilder | Mirroring...
PackageBuilder | Validating Package 'ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2'...
PackageBuilder | Finished, 150 skipped, 4 done and 0 failed, took 11s113ms.
? unknown Command AddVFSPath
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Simple, it's a problem of scale.
On a parent+children, you had use S function and now you should normalize parent+children with SHIFT+A => Scale

If it is as FSX, you should do it on the children first then on the parent. (scale should be equal at 1.00)

Country
austria
if you apply the scale on the complete model the animation gets totally broken. In blender the Scale of the bone that is in the console. is 1.1.1 but in the glts it is something like 0.99999982828 :)
so maybe it is too complex to fix a model like this if you dont really know how they have done the animations. :)

Country
france
Even I fix the building issue, that's change anything :oops:

{
"children" : [
],
"extras" : {},
"name" : "rp_sophia_animated_003_idling_upperleg_r",
"rotation" : [
],
"scale" : [

],

project XML: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\SceneryProject.xml
temp dir: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2
output dir: F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2
PackageBuilder | Reading F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\SceneryProject.xml...
PackageBuilder | Preparing asset groups...
PackageBuilder | Done, 4 asset groups registered.
PackageBuilder | Generating commands for package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group ContentInfo...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group myscene...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group mymodellib...
PackageBuilder | Ready, 154 commands added.
PackageBuilder | Starting the build...
PackageBuilder | Build package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2 ...
PackageBuilder | Building assets for the package ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2...
Compiling texture file TEXTURE\RP_SOPHIA_ANIMATED_003_DIF.JPG...
[CONVERTING BITMAP] 10260579888350724883
[BITMAP CONVERTED] 2D BM_BC1_UNORM 8192x8192 10260579888350724883
Compiling GLTF data file copine.gltf...
Copying files from source folder F:\MSFS Projects\LFPN2\PackageSources\modelLib\...
Compiling BGL file from in-memory data to output file modelLib.BGL...
PackageBuilder | Mirroring...
PackageBuilder | Validating Package 'ailgorbot-airport-lfpn-toussus2'...
PackageBuilder | Finished, 150 skipped, 4 done and 0 failed, took 9s413ms.
? unknown Command AddVFSPath
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Country
southafrica
Not sure if the issue, but if you parent to bone instead of armature, I have seen this happen.

Country
france
When you parent to the bone, blender brings you back to the armature.
I have tried also several combinaison parent-child. Still fail

dGYmw.jpg

Country
italy
Tbh, I tried with NON MIXAMO animations (so Handmade ones, using Rigify rigs, both basic and Complex).

It works FLAWLESSLY.

I suppose the issue is with Mixamo / Rokoko animations themselves, and I really find hard to figure how in any case. I don't know what kind of process the Mixamo / Rokoko algorythm use, and what it modifies into .dae / .fbx files, but making custom animations by hand seemed to work