• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Animation with CAT

Country
germany
Hi Guys,

i wanted to test whether I can still implement an animation.
Result: i can't

The animation works once when load the fs. when i set the frequency it doesn't work.
I have tested with FSDS 3 and FSDS 3.51.
Where ist the mistake?

Mijo

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Which conditions you used for the animation?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Did you apply it as an animation condition or as an animation trigger? Did you use secondary conditions? A little more detail makes things easier to answer.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
But can you just tell what you used? Then I can maybe help.

So what did you enter on the first, second, third screen.

Country
germany
I`ve tried with "animation condition" and without.
I`ve tried also "animation trigger" (between and mask).
And i`ve tried a combination with both. The animation start once after loading the fs, never with my frequency

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Try without using an animation condition or secondary animation condition. Only use the animation trigger. Then select between and enter the same value twice. Remember that a frequency of 112.35 is entered as 1235h in the tool.

Then it should work. After you select the frequency the animation should play once. Once you unselect it, the reverse animation will play. Before each animation starts there can be a delay of maximum 55 seconds depending on how many frames you use for the animation.