• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animations - FSX default models

Messages
1,361
Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Arno -
Cheers for your latest version, (04/01/2009).

Apologiesfor not providing much feedback recently.

New zooming level granularity is very much improved. :D
EH101 cockpit is now viewable from aft-door zoom-in.

Load times also substantially improved. :D



Animations
==========
FSX objects
Animations are occuring in incorrect axis.

- Fore-Aft translation is displayed as Up/Down, (see eh101_interior.mdl side door)

EDIT
External model animations behave differently, (side door rotates about longitudinal axis).


- Up/Down rotation about transverse axis is displayed as Fore/Aft translation, (see eh101_interior.mdl ramp door).

- Check out eh101_interior.mdl cyclic & collective animations, like a nest of vipers. :D

- Up/Down rotation about longitudinal axis is displayed as Fore/Aft rotation, (see FA-18 wingfold).
Hadn't even realised the FA-18 had wingfold, (? undocumented ?). ;-)

- Animation & components disjointed, (see ANI_elephant_walk01_sm.mdl, ANI_ZebraWalk_Adult_sm.mdl, and ANI_GiraffeWalk_Mature_sm.mdl).

- HumpbackWhale.mdl, OrcaWhale.mdl, FuelTruck.mdl won't load, cause CTD.



Transparency
============
Still seeing masking of obscured planar surfaces.
See previously provided SPT sample.



Errors
======
HumpbackWhale.mdl CTD info.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ModelConverterX.MDLXReader.Read(String filename)
at ModelConverterX.ObjectReader.read(String fileName)
at ModelConverterX.MainWindow.bwImporter_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModelConverterX
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/ModelConverterX.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
ObjectModel3D
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/ObjectModel3D.DLL
----------------------------------------
GRV11DLL
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/GRV11DLL.DLL
----------------------------------------
ObjectWriter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/ObjectWriter.DLL
----------------------------------------
ObjectReader
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/ObjectReader.DLL
----------------------------------------
TextureLoader
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Tools/ModelConverterX/TextureLoader.DLL
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.mshtml
Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Design
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing.Design
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.Design.dll
----------------------------------------
Accessibility
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
----------------------------------------

HTH
ATB
Paul
 
Last edited:
Hi Folks

Arno -
Also check out external model animations for FSX default
- Goose
- Bell 206.
- DG808S
- A321
etc.

EDIT
Just seen your LOD Creation implementation video.
Superb work.
Will play with it shortly.

HTH
ATB
Paul
 
Last edited:
Hi Paul,

FSX objects
Animations are occuring in incorrect axis.

It does not happen for all objects, but I have seen it on (mainly aircraft) as well. I am now completely changing the way animations are stored in ModelConverterX, so maybe those changes fix something already. Else I will dive into this problem soon.

- Animation & components disjointed, (see ANI_elephant_walk01_sm.mdl, ANI_ZebraWalk_Adult_sm.mdl, and ANI_GiraffeWalk_Mature_sm.mdl).

Those are skinned animations and that part of the MDL file I can not yet read correctly. So instead of animating the bone and having the skin move with that, now the whole model part is animated (and not skinned). That will probably not be fixed very soon.

- HumpbackWhale.mdl, OrcaWhale.mdl, FuelTruck.mdl won't load, cause CTD.

Thanks, will see why that happens. I thought I had made the tool more robust lately to catch crashing nicely. But it could also be that it is because the beta version is a Debug and not a Release build.

Still seeing masking of obscured planar surfaces.
See previously provided SPT sample.

OK, will check. But this is a preview issue mainly I think. When exporting things should be fine.
 
Hi Folks

Cheers Arno
Will wait for next build before re-testing.

ATB
Paul
 
In last nights build I did not check your issues. I noticed that the animation axes are not fixed by the new way to store the animations. So there is something else going wrong there.

If I look at some of the ground vehicles that have animations, they look OK. So it might be something different in the aircraft files.
 
As already said so many times for many other things - THANK YOU ARNO!
 
Hi Folks

Arno -
Thanks again for ongoing changes.

Animations much improved in recent versions.

Latest I've played with was - 20090125

EH101 animations look good,
though side-doors move vertically,
rather than fore-aft.

Elephant, giraffe, & zebra look excellent now.
HumpbackWhale & OrcaWhale both cause MCX to CTD.

HTH
ATB
Paul
 
Hi Paul,

EH101 animations look good,
though side-doors move vertically,
rather than fore-aft.

I'll check that one, to see if I can notice anything different to that MDL file.

HumpbackWhale & OrcaWhale both cause MCX to CTD.

Let me check. I think last time I saw these were not FSX MDL files and then I improved what happens when you load a non-FSX MDL. But I will double check again.
 
Back
Top