• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Application crash

Country
germany
I use the new version 3.1.12.

I loaded FS9 GA original traffic bgl, (traffic_GA_ori.bgl, 4.12 MB (4,321,956 Bytes) probably from PAI?).

I used Traffic and Parking Analiser for EDDP (Addon).
Analising Parking and and Timetable went fine (took some time), but Aircraft Utilsation crashed.

aifp1.jpg

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the report, Guenther.

The exception thrown was "out of memory" and you report the other two functions "took some time". This suggests a large traffic file - though the reported size is not unusual - coupled with a complex airport.

This area of code hasn't been touched for some time. So, it's unlikely the problem was introduced in 2.1.12. Have you attempted this particular analysis before? Unfortunately, I can't tell from the report form you attached where in AIFP the problem occurred. (The traffic analyser file is several thousand lines long. The problem report doesn't include the same information as the exception report details.)

What would be helpful is if you sent me both the traffic file and the airport .bgl (i.e., the file generated by ADE). Probably best if you e-mailed them to me at don at stuff4fs dot com.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther, I have isolated the cause of the problem. It is load related. Smaller files work just fine. The traffic file you are using exhausts certain resources.

I think I can re-organize the program to avoid this, but, I won't be able to start until tomorrow.

I'll let you know when I've got something for you to test.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I think I can re-organize the program to avoid this,
Unfortunately, I can't. All I can do (and have done) is provide a more orderly shutdown of the traffic analyser when this situation occurs.

The underlying issue is that, in that traffic file, there are over 28000 legs utilizing nearly 14000 registrations It's the latter number that is important here since an individual bitmap (21 x 1800) to show the utilization for each must be retained to "drive" the display. The system exhausts about halfway through.

On a positive note, scanning 14000 lines in a list box probably isn't something you'd want to do often and, in a file of that nature, I suspect you wouldn't normally be too concerned about aircraft utilization. In this case, I suspect it's "curiosity that killed the cat". ;)

Don

Country
germany
Ofcourse you are right about my "curiosity". There is no real need for displaying aircraft utilisation of MS default GA traffic.

:)

Thanks anyway for investigating and explaining the problem.
Now I divided the flightplan.txt into 3 parts and all went fine!

Country
germany
next crash:

1. I loaded AIG_HolidayJet_Summer_2015.zip
2. installed repaints
3. compiled

4. started traffic and Parking Analizer
5. clicked airport LSZH
6. clicked analize parking: okay
7. clicked timetable: okay
8 clicked "Arrivel S(unday): crash...
aifp3.jpg
aifp2.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
That's real AIFP problem! But, I am unable to locate those flightplans. Could you send me a link please.

Don

DONT BOTHER, I JUST FOUND AND FIXED THE PROBLEM (a typo)

Last edited:
Country
germany
Just another one:

I have about 900 traffic files (WOAI, AIG, MAIW and some more) in my scenery\world\scenery folder.

It is no problem that your bulk traffic options cannot handle them all at once.

But if I want to know if a medium sized airport like EDDM has enough gates/parkings I get in trouble...

There is a fine function to find out which traffic files contain EDDM. I use it and dump the listing of 106 files to notepad.

For traffic and parking analizing I have to load all these 106 traffic files by reading the dumped txt file and click 106 times the corresponding click boxes.

Is there an easier way?