• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AssimpReader:Error importing File....collada .dae

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Importin the model in ModelConverterX i check the once by rotating before I start the rendering with the max texture [ add border: 0 pixels].

Then the rendering process started ...and after finished there ar 4 textures; a bitmap and three non combined textures.

Reducing all to a power of two and startin once the rendering..but also with the same unsatisfactor result.

MCX is not able to build a Bitmap with all of my textures.
Sometimes when textures are tiled many times on the model it is not possible to put them in a combined texture sheet. Could it be that the textures that are excluded are tiled?

Sometimes the drawcall minimizer works better if you first resize all textures to a power of two. That way it is sometimes easier to put them in the combined texture sheet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
and a tent, made a few minutes ago failed once more in MCX.

The tent looks fine, is proper in SU and can not be loaded from MCX.
It's the same problem as we discussed before, there is a ringel S in your file name. As soon as I remove that character from the DAE file and from the folder, the model loads fine. The library that is used to read COLLADA files does not seem to like special characters in the file or folder names.

Hi Arno,
this is the third trial of a model of "Flugschule Koeln-Bonn" with a mix of drawn and fototexture. The model cannot be opened in MCX.

In the last days, I have made some models, which fits the airport EDKB without any problems. The new model failed and I have no idea, wat is the reason.

Please have once more a look at the attached model files.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Attachments

• Flugschule_Koeln-Bonn.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 6

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The model loads fine here on my machine. Can you post your error log when it doesn't work on your machine?

Sorry for my obliviousness:
renaming the file to "Flugschule" the model now is converted well.

Have a nice day

Wolfgang

Hi Arno,
here a model aof "L-Hallen" now I have made three times without an positive result. I`m really frustrated why MCX could not read the file.
I have build the model now without any texture, only with the shape..and it failed.

Is there something wrotten in my system?

I have no idea, what is the reason for pemanently interruptions in the process.

In the "My materials" order, there is a sub-order namend EDKB-materials with a lot of examples, needed in a lot of similar models. Most of the materials are made with Digital Photos. Then models look fine. A lot of models materials are made comlementary with SketchUps own material stock and sometimes, they are invisible in ModelConterterX.

Do You have a solution for me? Can You discribe with a few rules, what will be the best to have no troubles.

Bedankt..

and tot ziens

Wolfgang

Attachments

• L-Hallen.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 9

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Once again this model loads fine on my computer.

Do you get the same error on import? I assume you already double checked there is no special character (umlaut, ringel-S, etc) in your folder name? Those special characters seem to be the cause of the assimp errors. But I can't see of course in which folder you have the files on your machine, so that might explain it works on my machine.