• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Autogen on 2002 Gamepack poly..

Messages
30
Country
norway
Hi

My first post on this forum..:yikes:

I'm trying to add some autogen on my scenery made in GMAX (2002Gamepack).

I have a photoscenery over a little city, adding autogen (using Autogen Annotator) to that, everything is ok, autogen show's up.

On top of that i have made my own scenery (airstrip) in GMAX , groundpoly on that airstrip are made of four pieces (1024x1024 textures) and show's up like they should, on top of my photoscenery.

Now i'm trying to add some autogen to those textures buth autogen will not show up..! :confused:

Maybe i have miss something, since i'm a newbie to scenery design.. :coffee: (a lot of :coffee:)

Can someone tell me (help me) whith this problem.....

BRGDS
Stein-Ove
Hamar
Norway
 
Hi,

First, welcome to the forum :).

This is the default behaviour for such polygons, they normally exclude the autogen. It is possible to tweak the ASM file to prevent this (works in most cases).

The trick is to add an "empty" reference point in the end. This is how the code could look:

Code:
SCALE_AGL   OBJECT_0_RETURN, 2000, 937, 131072, 00058F36Dh, 05004h, 003EC8C01h, 0181Ah, 0, 0
BGL_CALL_32 OBJECT_0_TAXILINES_INC
SCALE_AGL OBJECT_0_RETURN, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
BGL_RETURN
 
Thank you Arno :)

I will try that tomorrow, it's time for bed now, start work early in morning.

BRGDS
Stein-Ove
 
Hi,

I tried this code, maybe i did something wrong, no show of autogen.

I have deactivated all my models, just in case, just my gmax made ground to try.

Maybe you can look at my asm file to see if i made something wrong.

BRGDS
Stein-Ove
 

Attachments

Hi,

I notice that you export your polygons with a heading in MakeMDL, I never do that. But I am not sure if that would be the difference.

For the rest the tweak looks fine. How complex are your polygons? I have also noticed during some testing that the tweak does not always seem to work.
 
Hi,

Just an airstrip, areal are about 1200mx300m, cut in 4 pieces in photoshop (slidetool) 1024x1024. but i have read a lot about this now and have found out that i maybe did something wrong here :scratchch

Using Autogen Annotator, i must open my bgl file that covers my textures, not go direct to textures at all, true?

If so, i have a real problem, i can't open my textures in Autogen Annotator via my ground.bgl file or is it a workaround here too?

Stein-Ove
 
Hi,

You can only place autogen on photo scenery BGL files, so not on the BGL files with your ground polygons. So only if you made a custom photo BGL with resample you can adjust the autogen.
 
Hi,

Learning every day :)

I get it, my mistake. Must rework a little i understand. I'll come back later when i get in trouble... Thank you for helping so far :)



Stein-Ove
 
Back
Top