- Messages
- 4
Hello world!
I'm newbie here but found your community just one place where ppl can explain me some things.
I need help about autogen over fototerrain.
In the real world we have xyz (3d) dimensions in one scale.
If someone tree have 30m heigh еxactly inside annotator (created in 3dmax with 1m units scale) is it means then such size would be correct only for textures with just one resolution (lets say 1m/pix) ?
So they will be looks too high at the fototerrain with 4,7m/pixel or too small with 7cm/pix phototerrain.
I noticed then some small row howses did not appear in my scene. I think the reason was that annotator can't use less then one tile of appropriate
autogen teхture (16pix/tile per front side for the row houses). So if i have 0,7 m/pixel fototerrain that means i can't see row howses with sides less then 16x0.7=11.2 meters as result?
To solve the probs I see only two ways: work with new fototerrain with best resolution or just put library objects instead row howses?
Please explaine me my fault. I didnot find any info inside fsx sdk about autogen and the real dimensions.
Andrew from FSX M-zone
I'm newbie here but found your community just one place where ppl can explain me some things.
I need help about autogen over fototerrain.
In the real world we have xyz (3d) dimensions in one scale.
If someone tree have 30m heigh еxactly inside annotator (created in 3dmax with 1m units scale) is it means then such size would be correct only for textures with just one resolution (lets say 1m/pix) ?
So they will be looks too high at the fototerrain with 4,7m/pixel or too small with 7cm/pix phototerrain.
I noticed then some small row howses did not appear in my scene. I think the reason was that annotator can't use less then one tile of appropriate
autogen teхture (16pix/tile per front side for the row houses). So if i have 0,7 m/pixel fototerrain that means i can't see row howses with sides less then 16x0.7=11.2 meters as result?
To solve the probs I see only two ways: work with new fototerrain with best resolution or just put library objects instead row howses?
Please explaine me my fault. I didnot find any info inside fsx sdk about autogen and the real dimensions.

Andrew from FSX M-zone
Last edited:


