• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Base File not Found

Country
us-arizona
So I installed Alpha 21 along with Hot fixes 4 and 5. I followed the directions in the post regarding HF5 updating the folders to point to the correct locations. But I can't load any airports. I can't even use the Airport Lookup (in the tools menu). I've changed my content folders to be not read only (as I saw recommended in another post) and still nothing. I'm kind of at a loss of what else to try. Attached is a screen of my settings.ini showing my paths and folder locations.

I'm using the MS Store version and my packages folder is on a different drive if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• settings.png
    settings.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 78

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Welcome. Please search the forums before starting a new topic. Your issue is already being discussed and there are some solutions offered

Country
us-arizona
Welcome. Please search the forums before starting a new topic. Your issue is already being discussed and there are some solutions offered

apologies. Didn't want to highjack their thread. Put in a reply over there.

Country
canada
Bienvenue. Veuillez effectuer une recherche dans les forums avant de commencer un nouveau sujet. Votre problème est déjà en cours de discussion et des solutions sont proposées

J’ai le même problème depuis les 2 dernières mises à jour de vol 2020 et j’ai 3 amis qui ont le même problème, je n’ai pas encore trouvé d’aide
apologies. Didn't want to highjack their thread. Put in a reply over there.
I have the same problem since the last 2 flight 2020 updates and I have 3 friends who have the same problem, I haven't found any help yet

Country
canada
J’ai le même problème depuis les 2 dernières mises à jour de vol 2020 et j’ai 3 amis qui ont le même problème, je n’ai pas encore trouvé d’aide

I have the same problem since the last 2 flight 2020 updates and I have 3 friends who have the same problem, I haven't found any help yet
The problem occurred when we installed the latest flight 2020 SDK. The ADE upload stock indexes function works abnormally.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you give me the exact version number for the 2020SDK. Also confirm that you are using ADE 2020 with the hot fix 5 installled

Country
spain
scruffyduck, I have the same message that it can't find the base file. I confirm that I have Hot Fix 5 installed and the SDK version is 0.20.5. Do you know anything about why? Any solution? Thank you.

Country
spain
Oh! I'm sorry. I had not read the previous posts. I have already solved it with what has been expressed in this thread.
Thank you 😅

Country
france
Hello everyone,

I also have the same message when I want to update the object library through the "Tools" menu.

What surprises me is that I had this message when I was creating an airport using a stock airport.
I haven't had it since but I find it again for the update of the library.
I did the manipulations indicated in another post for the Read-only. Unfortunately it comes up every time.

ADE recognizes the basefile on one side but not all the time it seems.

Country
spain
Hello everyone,

I also have the same message when I want to update the object library through the "Tools" menu.

What surprises me is that I had this message when I was creating an airport using a stock airport.
I haven't had it since but I find it again for the update of the library.
I did the manipulations indicated in another post for the Read-only. Unfortunately it comes up every time.

ADE recognizes the basefile on one side but not all the time it seems.
If the path ADE points to is AppData...MSFSPackages, copy MSFSPackages and paste it directly into C:\. Then configure ADE pointing to the path C:\MSFSPackages. If you want, remove the folders that don't work inside MSFSPackages, usually the ones that don't start with fs. Before deleting, check that it works by pointing to that path. Oh, delete the Community folder too.

Country
us-illinois
If the path ADE points to is AppData...MSFSPackages, copy MSFSPackages and paste it directly into C:\. Then configure ADE pointing to the path C:\MSFSPackages. If you want, remove the folders that don't work inside MSFSPackages, usually the ones that don't start with fs. Before deleting, check that it works by pointing to that path. Oh, delete the Community folder too.

Whoa... The way you worded the above raises serious concerns as to what this may do to your MSFS installation (and that of others as well). :yikes:

Please research thoroughly via reputable sources, any proposed courses of action you post here before suggesting they be used by others. :alert:

IIRC, the MSFS Packages folder must be moved / re-linked with an immediate path update within MSFS itself via a dialog.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...Can-I-choose-or-change-the-installation-path-

Changing a path in ADE's settings dialog would be something different, and should only be done after moving MSFS Package folder "properly". :pushpin:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
france

Thank for your help, but it didn't work.
I have always the message when I want to update the librairy bay "Tools/Update Objects From Base\".
I tried by "Tools/Librairy Object Manager" to add a folder but the button "add folder" is not actif, only add file is actif.

Country
us-illinois
While we await a fix in ADE that works consistently for all installations, please state the ICAO or Geographic coordinates for the 'stock' MSFS airport you wish to access, and I may be able to provide you with a work-around that can retrieve the necessary info from within two of MSFS' files.

GaryGB

Last edited: