• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Beta with Prepar3D v4 support

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For P3D v4 support you need to use the beta posted here in the forum. I hope to have an official release for P3D v4 soon.

Country
france
Hello Arno,

the beta you mention in your post is that the one that you posted on this thread in position #1 ? Reason why I am asking is that I installed it yesterday and everything worked well except it did merge only the dynamic trees library. Given I do not use that one I lost all my trees and I had to reinstall the old one.

Philippe

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, I meant the file is the first post here.

I need to double check if I implemented support for dynamic and legacy trees already. I forgot.

What kind of issues you had? The tool always makes a backup of your configuration.

Country
france
Arno

ACM installation is ok, it runs well, exe.xml is updated, etc... now when I run Prepar3D v4.1 the windows telling that ACM has merged two autogen description files shows ok as it is my situation (i have France VFR AGX + original Prepar3D files) but when I then run Prepar3d I have no trees at all. As I do not use SpeedTrees but the normal trees it means to me that the autogen definition containing the normal trees has not been modified. If I load France VFR AGX autogen description file again - or your backup - then the trees are back again.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I just checked the code again, but in the build posted here the autogen should also be merged into the legacy configuration. So I'm not sure why you don't get the trees. Can you show your log, maybe that helps to see what is going on.

Country
france
Here under is the log file I got. Thanks for the support.

Philippe

Attachments

• AutogenConfigurationMerger.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 941
Country
france
Hello Arno,

Same here, most of the trees are gone. No dynamic autogen used, ORBX + FVFR, P3D v4.1.

Thanks for all your work...
Best regards,

Thomas

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are the addons you are using designed to work with ACM? Trying to merge two full sets that also contain all default definitions does sometimes give troubles and that's not how developers should use ACM.

Country
france
Hi Arno,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm actually only a user, not a developper. I'm just trying to merge ORBX and FVFR autogen. I've nothing else at the moment on P3Dv4. It was working fine on P3Dv3, but I understand that the software is not done for that.

Thank you, keep up the good job !
Best regards,

Thomas

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The beta version posted here should be fine for v4 as well, the merging hasn't changed. The only difference is the support for the legacy files.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new (and probably final beta version) to the first post of this thread. What's new in this build is that sceneries that are activated using add-on.xml files are now also scanned by ACM for P3D v3 and P3D v4. Let me know if there are any issues. I plan to make this the official released version of ACM soon.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have removed the beta from this thread, since I have released a new stable version now.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

On the scenerydesign.org website is the stable release. So you can safely use it.