• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

BglAnalyze9

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Messages
908
Country
germany
Hello,

I hope that I'm right here on this Place.

Is the Programmer of BglAnalyze9 here in this Forum?

Maybe he can help me by my Problem.

The Problem is this:
I decompile a bgl AP950150.bgl to an xml.
That works great.
When I will Compile it to a bgl than I become Error.
I searched in the xml code why.
The solution is, in the xml code i found "" by
<Com type=""
frequency="123.650"
name="AFIS"/>
when I put ASOS between the "" than will the xml compiled to a bgl File.

I think that the Program BglAnalyze9.exe will not write the ASOS in the xml File, when it decompile
the bgl.

Maybe we can have a new BglAnalyze9.exe?

Thanks between for the good helpfull Program.
 
Winfried Orthmann is the author of this program but he is not very often here.

As an alternative you could try BglXml 1.8 This is another decompiler for FS9 bgl files. It can be found on this page:

http://simviation.com/fsdesign_scenery8.htm

about half way down and may work in this case.
 
Thanks Jon,

Winfried is maybe the Member *osman*?

I have try the bglxml 1.8
but with this Program there is another Parsing Problem:


ERROR: 4137, 35, The attribute 'DrawDetail' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
ERROR C2030:XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

Of this Error are many to see in the DOS-Window.:eek:

Than I will better stay with the BglAnalyze9. They come only 5 Errors.:D
 
Last edited:
Thanks Jon,

but with this Program there is another Parsing Problem:


ERROR: 4137, 35, The attribute 'DrawDetail' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
ERROR C2030:XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

Of this Error are many to see in the DOS-Window.:eek:

Than I will better stay with the BglAnalyze9. They come only 5 Errors.:D

The format of a BGL file is copyright to Microsoft. Thus any decompiler is written based on the the designer trying to understand that format from the binary code. It is well know than all decompilers will have mistakes and usually in FS9 users have to use both to get a workable XML file.

For FSX Bgl2Xml is quite good and can also read FS9 files but it generates XML to suit the FSX BGLComp compiler so it would not be of great help. It is also important to know that the schema file (BGLComp.xsd) from the early days of FS9 was faulty itself. If the version that you are using is dated before September 2004 then it may indeed be causing problems that have nothing to do with the XML.
 
Thanks again Jon,

than I will stay with BglAnalyzer9 (I work for FS9).
It is easy to work with this, when the User know the Solutions if comes up Error-Messages.

Have a nice Weekend.
 
Back
Top