• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Can't I compile it for something else?

I've started learning how to use AIFP. It looks very promising, but after reading a few threads I found out why nothing I exported ever showed up in the sim. To clarify, I have a bunch of WoAI packages (designed for FS9) installed. All threads I read said that if you have BOTH FS9 and FSX traffic files, FSX will immediately dump its own traffic files and start reading just the FS9 files. Therefore, I was about to compile my traffic file for FS9, and then...
1553950087835.png

Is this because FSX is the only sim I have installed?
Furthermore, once it's exporting, I can still only select FSX.
1553950151881.png

Perhaps I'm being led the wrong way. However, would there be a way to compile the plans in a way that can be used alongside all of my WoAI packages?

In AIFP, have you looked at options under the "Bulk Traffic" menu, namely -

- Find FS9 Traffic files , and
- Convert FS9 Traffic files to FSX .

These may be of use to you - I have never had to use them so I cannot make any promises that they are for you.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Converting to FSX format would be the best approach, since leaving them in FS9 format will put all flights one day earlier or later than they should be (forgot which one). But you should be able to use TTools to compile into FS9 format, as long as you haven't included anything AIFP specific.

In AIFP, have you looked at options under the "Bulk Traffic" menu, namely -

- Find FS9 Traffic files , and
- Convert FS9 Traffic files to FSX .

These may be of use to you - I have never had to use them so I cannot make any promises that they are for you.

So, does that mean I have to convert EVERY SINGLE WoAI file to FSX? Another thought I had- would I be able to put my OWN traffic files into a DIFFERENT FOLDER, allowing them to show up?

gadgets

Resource contributor
That would be best, if you want to avoid the issue you were experiencing earlier. However, AIFP's bulk traffic file functions will convert all FPs in a folder in a single pass. SO, unless you've got some very unusual traffic file arrangement, it's not a big deal. Full instructions are in the user manual

Don

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/cant-i-compile-it-for-something-else.445089/post-819578

Converting to FSX format would be the best approach, since leaving them in FS9 format will put all flights one day earlier or later than they should be (forgot which one). But you should be able to use TTools to compile into FS9 format, as long as you haven't included anything AIFP specific.

I haven't tinkered with Traffic very much in recent years, so please correct me if I am mistaken about applicability to this scenario involving what IIUC is FS9 format WOAI BGLs intended for use with FSX.

IIRC, doesn't a traffic BGL file in FS9 format effectively disable display of local FSX traffic BGLs, and therefore, all such FS9 format BGLs "must" be converted and substituted for- or merged into- FSX format BGLs ...for compatibility ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Last edited:
I haven't tinkered with Traffic very much in recent years, so please correct me if I am mistaken about applicability to this scenario involving what IIUC is FS9 format WOAI BGLs intended for use with FSX.

IIRC, doesn't a traffic BGL file in FS9 format effectively disable display of local FSX traffic BGLs, and therefore, all such FS9 format BGLs "must" be converted and substituted for- or merged into- FSX format BGLs ...for compatibility ? :scratchch

GaryGB

That's what I've been hearing in other threads. If you have a single FS9 file in your Traffic folder, FSX IMMEDIATELY drops everything and just reads that. Anyway, I'll try it with the bulk traffic thing that Gadgets mentioned.

That would be best, if you want to avoid the issue you were experiencing earlier. However, AIFP's bulk traffic file functions will convert all FPs in a folder in a single pass. SO, unless you've got some very unusual traffic file arrangement, it's not a big deal. Full instructions are in the user manual

Don

....And that worked! By converting all my traffic to FSX format, first of all: I saw some of these guys! (There is most probably more default AI traffic; I haven't checked)
1553984475684.png

Apart from that, I saw an AI file I was trying to get to work with FSX a while ago ACTUALLY SHOW UP! Also, all of my WoAI packages worked flawlessly.

Sorry if I'm going a bit too far here, but would it be possible for AIFP traffic to only show up at a certain terminal? Specifically, that AI file. Namely, Aeroméxico. I downloaded it here (last result on the page, at the very bottom) and converted it with AIFP to .BGL. It will probably serve as a replacement for the WoAI Aeroméxico, whose fleet and routes are both quite out of date. Despite the antiquity of the WoAI file, I liked it because everything spawned at Terminal 2 in Mexico City; Aeroméxico planes operate there and only there in real life. With this AI file, I'm seeing Aeroméxico planes at BOTH terminals. Again, sorry if it's too much of a request, but could it be done?

gadgets

Resource contributor
The terminal at which an Ai aircraft parks is a function of the parking layout of the airport. If you only want AeroMexico to show up at terminal 2, remove all Aeromexico-designated parking spots from the other terminal(s). So long as you have a sufficient number of parking spots at terminal 2, that should do the trick. But, note that the "rules" of parking spot assignment are complex and, in overload situations, Aeromenico aircraft may, therefore, spawn/park at other terminals.

Don

Oh dear....also, another thing. Ever since re-installing my FSX-converted WoAI packages, I keep getting these series of errors saying that there are duplicates.
1553987125790.png
1553987150349.png
1553987162114.png
1553987170789.png
1553987180739.png
1553987193588.png
1553987203330.png
.....Ya. After CLOSING all of them, FSX runs fine and works, but these errors are quite annoying. They're all in the same folder, but further examination of that folder shows there are no duplicates?
1553987286906.png

It's only these aircraft in this one folder. What might it be?