• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

CAT: activating a (second) animation

Messages
1,039
Country
belgium
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible with the CAT tool to do the following tweak:
I like to activate a second animation when my vehicle/aircraft starts to move forwards. Either because I move the vehicle, leave his parking spot or maybe I gain some speed (rpm).
Hope that's possible. Or any other suggestions ?

Greetz. José.
 
Hi,

Do you mean an additional animation within another animation? No that is not supported by CAT, you can only trigger all animations in your MDL file at once. Something like that would require deep and advanced ASM tweaking :).
 
Hi Arno,

I think that saying a "second" animation is not quiet right.
Simply activate an animation when I move the vehicle: maybe I could put a refpoint nearby it's parking place and that should trigger the animation... but how to do that (in fact maybe a reversed way of working: when leaving this spot = activating an endless animation).

Of course I could activate the animation with the activation of a NAV frequency... but that's rather weird and not automatic.

Or is it better using MDLTweaker ?

Greetz. José.
 
I don't think this is possible with the tool currently.

Is it possible to create two seperate mdl's positioned at the same location and overlap them? One with the part you want to animate second....

Just an idea.
 
Maybe a weird idea, but if you want the wheels to move when the object moves. Why not simply include their animation into the animation of the movement as well? Or do you not do that with an animation.
 
Hi Arno,

Can I combine the animation of the wheels (via L_Tire_Still and L_Tire_Blurred) with the "second animation": the Tick18_ must be at the moment that the vehicle starts rolling activated... this second animation may not be active when the vehicle stands still. :cool:

Greetz.. José.
 
Hi,

Those wheel animations you mention are for aircraft only, while CAT is for scenery only. So that is not something you can combine. For a scenery all animations are tick18.

So I think it is not so hard to only animate the wheels while the animation for the rest of the vehicle is also moving.
 
Hi Arno,

For animating the wheels: that is solved.

So I think it is not so hard to only animate the wheels while the animation for the rest of the vehicle is also moving.

How to link a scenery to an aircraft ? Or did I misunderstand you and it cannot be done ?

Greetz. José.
 
No, you can not mix the two. Especially in FS2004 they use different MDL formats, etc. So CAT is only for scenery not for aircraft.
 
Back
Top