• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Custom aerial scenery and photogrammetry

I am modifying FSEarthTiles to support MSFS aerial scenery creation. Everything seems to work, but the scenery never shows when there is photogrammetry. The scenery shows fine in the world map, whenever photogrammetry is turned off, or in areas with no photogrammetry. However, having photogrammetry on and being in an area with photogrammetry means the aerial imagery does not show (I know it doesn't show because I am making imagery from openstreetmap, so it is not satellite imagery and it's a stark contrast from the default bing imagery). I found a thread here on FSDev stating that was a common problem in MSFS. Does Asobo plan to fix this any time soon/ do they have a rationale for this behavior? Is it just a bug?

Hi,
If i really understood, "photogrametry" in MSFS, are not really "a kind of special photoreal tiles with autogen", "photogrametry", are more like
a huge pack of 3D models, GIS placed, side by side , so, as they are "models", theyl cover any photoreal ground that will be under this "models"

By the way:

it's great to know that someone is working to make FSEarthTiles to support MSFS,

because the "aerials" tools as is rhignt now in the SDK MSFS, i'ts not really comfortable to work it with several tiles to edit on Photoshop
with FSEarthtiles, it's more easy, we got one big .bmp to work it.

Really great that you make it, MSFS compatible.

Could you please share, the actual version of FSEarthtiles (even if not work well on photogrametry parts)?

thanks in advance

Yes. Unfortunately, I have made it just create 256x256 small images. Not bigger images as in fs9 fsx/p3d. As fspackagetool needs these small images. However, I suppose this can be modified… here is a link if you want to try it (warning, it’s mostly working, but still being beta tested by a small group of people, so it will have bugs! Use at your own risk: https://m.box.com/shared_item/https://app.box.com/s/m8mtmn9km1maejo2surui9d2bgmw07je

Here is the GitHub repo if you wish to contribute: https://github.com/stackTom/FSEarthTiles

Back