• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Custom Made ALSF2 light

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
I'm making a custom made ALSF2 light by bgl light (NAV_LIGHT_). It came out nicely and I add animated light for "running rabbit". I need to do this since the approach light in VTBS is not on the ground on runway 01R.
The problem is AFCAD light is still there. I can eliminate that by ADE, no problem.
But it comes another problem, when the visibility is low, I cannot make the light visible as it should be.
Anyone has solution for this. Making bgl light visible during low visibility.
Thanks for any advice.

ALSF_2_zps4f7b3fde.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Yep, this is FS2004 only. Do you want the scenery to be FSX only, or both?

If it possible, I'd like it work both FSX and FS2004. My scenery is for FSX only now but planing to convert to FS2004.

Country
slovakia
I may be able to help you get it work in FSX, but you would have to use something different for FS9. I will send you a PM later today.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I still don't get any news from pfabian.
Do you have any update for us, pfabian?

Country
belgium
once upon a time I was experimenting with BGL lights. Somehow, but don't ask me why, I created a blue light but it showed up white and DID lit up during foggy weather... I have been trying to reproduce the effect but until now without success and I lost the light a long time ago :( :'( I will of course keep trying to reproduce that light and I really hope I can, even if it would be an accident just like that time but then someone more experienced than me can check the codes behind the bgl...

adr179

Resource contributor
Country
slovenia
O.K. guys, might be slightly off-topic, maybe even not.
When I look at the code for the light:

BGL_LIGHT LIGHT_TAXI, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 000FFFFFFh, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
I only know, this is -----> X - Z - Y- - - - - - - - hex val. RGB

As you see there are six more values, meaning of those is, at least to me, unknown. Would appreciate if somebody who knows, fills in the remaining six zeroes for us all.

Jessy, loosing that blue light that turned up white and appeared in low visibility, was a big loss, I presume, you maybe miss-typed something and entered a value someplace else - in one of those six locations.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can find the meaning in the docs that come with bglc_9. I'm typing this from my phone so I do it from mind now.

Some values are for intensity of the light. But these don't seem to be implemented. It makes no difference what you enter.

One set is also the normal vector if I remember correctly. But that's also not implemented.

adr179

Resource contributor
Country
slovenia
I believe you are reffering to the BGLC_9_Source.htm that's attached to the BGLC_9.exe modified by "the guru" - Mr. rhumbaflappy. About the BGL_LIGHT the document says:

BGL_LIGHT macro ltype,x,y,z,intensity,li_atten,sq_atten,color,nx,ny,nz

which I can decipher to a certain extent:

macro ltype = self explanatory
x,y,z = relative position to the model origin
intensity, also self explanatory
li_atten = linear attenuation?
sq_atten = area attenuation?
color = R G B value in HEX
nx - don't have the slightest idea, same for ny and nz

In scenery design it already happened to me and my teammates, we simply stumbled over(mainly due to, as funny as it can be, a typo error) something, MS was claiming as "not implemented" and sometimes result was disastrous, while sometimes it was AHA - just look at this. I strongly believe Jessy actually stumbled over something with his blue light that turned out white. I think there might be something hidden in this values, I only have no clue about the range or format of values that may produce anything visible, be it visuals or behavior-wise.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The nx, ny and nz are the normal vector x, y and z values.

Country
slovakia
Hello,

my communication with Tic dropped sometime in summer. Not sure why.

Anyway for FSX, I am able to provide a way to dynamically place objects according to different conditions, time, weather, etc.

So far you can see it implemented in LH Simulations Budapest. The system is in continuous development, and in fact just a couple of days ago I was able to successfully implement animation control. The system should be available for licensing sometime next spring and I will write some general information about it in the winter.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
That is a very good news. I think this will be very useful in many ways such as texture change through the seasons.

Country
switzerland
Hello,

my communication with Tic dropped sometime in summer. Not sure why.

Anyway for FSX, I am able to provide a way to dynamically place objects according to different conditions, time, weather, etc.

So far you can see it implemented in LH Simulations Budapest. The system is in continuous development, and in fact just a couple of days ago I was able to successfully implement animation control. The system should be available for licensing sometime next spring and I will write some general information about it in the winter.

Hi Peter,

Seems that we both were chasing the same goal ;) See
this thread.

Cheers,
Jeff

Country
slovakia
Huh - it seems so. I don't dwell into 3D objects general forum much...

as for my personal experience - if any of you bought the LH Simulations Budapest scenery... well you can see the stuff in action. Currently I am waiting for P3Dv2 to ensure compatibility (the module is fully compatibile with 1.4 already) and then I will make some work on extensibility and basically next year I would also like to offer the product for other scenery makers...