• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 CYWG James Richardson International Airport - Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Country
switzerland
Awesome Greg...

Thank you, for doing such a tremendous job on Winnipeg... thanks for taking all the time to provide us with such a quality... I really love this scenery.

I wish you and all your relatives a merry christmas too... enjoy to celebrate and all the best and a happy turn around into 2020.

Country
ca-saskatchewan
An update for the FS9ers still out there. Airport fencing is complete, including night lighting as well as utility posts, street lights, and some ramp clutter such as waste bins. I've done another fuel truck, this time a Freightliner model that is very commonplace at Canadian airports. Here are a few screen shots.
2020-02-17 23_57_45-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2020-02-17 23_59_25-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2020-02-18 00_06_13-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2020-02-18 00_07_36-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2020-02-18 00_10_01-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2020-02-18 00_12_50-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg

Country
germany
Surrounded by professional designers - this is a showroom full of experts in scenery design. Even away from FS9 I have to say these gems let FS2004 staying alive for another decade! Fantastic job, Gaputz!!!

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Surrounded by professional designers - I have to say this gems let FS2004 staying alive for another decade!

Absolutely true! Can't even think about to look forward or change to FS2020 once that will be released.

Greg is really showing us, how far we still can go in FS9 Development and what FS9 really is capable of... can't believe the ammount of love Greg puts into each liitle details in a scenery... that's just an incredible job...

Sad truth, that most developers have forgotten about that all... but its a real pleasure to still have pro's around here who still stick with us FS9 Veterans.

So THANKS A LOT FOR THAT GUYS!! Y'all do a fantastic Job!

Last edited:
Country
ca-saskatchewan
Winter is nearly over in my part of the world but decided to enhance the winter immersion in the scenery by adding snow banks and drifts. I was stuck on how to achieve a decent looking snow bank when my good friend David Rawlins came to the rescue. These are pretty low poly objects with LODS but most likely will be an option for users of the scenery. I've had trouble making them automatically appear and disappear so likely something to be manually added in winter as it suits the user and taken away in spring. I've tried to replicate where snow is piled-up at the real airport from photos. Obviously snow fall varies from year to year, and it is periodically removed but can't replicate everything! Yah, I know it is a distraction from getting this thing done but it is winter in Canada for half the year so I hope you agree this is a nice detail. Here is a sampling.

I should also point out that I finally got around to changing all the signage at the ESSO AVITAT to the World Fuel / Elite branding. ESSO sold off its aviation business a while ago. You can see the new branding in the background in one of the screen shots.

Thanks for the kind remarks from those of you still following along.

I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

Cheers
Greg

2020-03-25 11_47_09-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 11_52_21-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 11_55_05-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 11_56_39-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 11_57_27-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 11_58_05-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 12_00_02-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg2020-03-25 12_01_52-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-03-25 11_53_52-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
    2020-03-25 11_53_52-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 216
  • 2020-03-25 12_04_12-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
    2020-03-25 12_04_12-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 221
Country
switzerland
Yeah... what a beautiful detail the snowbanks are... i've just waited for that to be added in... this makes it so realistic... i still can't wait to fly there...
Somehow reminds me of some finnish sceneries which had those snowbanks too... (for ex. Kittila) really love it!! Thanks for adding it all in.

I appreciate how much love and attention you paid into detailism, accuracy and precision. And that you wanted to replicate those as realistic as it gets... ♥
I wish some developers of the past, paid that much attention to their scenery developing capabilities.

Still hope that your next project will be Edmonton International Airport. On your knowledge of scenery development, Edmonton would become a real beauty.

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Awesome... that now has some russian charactere actually... reminds me of the scenery of Novosibirsk, which had that feature of sweeping snow on the paved grounds too...

Love it! Thanks for adding even more and more of those details. You're such a pro!

Country
us-arizona
I hate to make promises because I do this as a hobby in my spare time but I am hoping by summer, unless something unforeseen happens.
So does the Virus count as "unforseen"? Hey Greg hope you are doing well up in the great white north! Im still struggling to figure out ade but I'm making progress!

Sean