• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

DAAG - Algiers Houari Boumediene Airport

Country
ca-ontario
Work in progress... curved surfaces galore.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 034555.jpg

Country
unitedstates
I started on MSFS 2020 and do not own P3D, so not likely at the moment... and the market is quite small for Algerian scenery in general I think. Any reason you're interested in this particular airport?
Interested because we are missing a decent and updated version for P3D of Algiers DAAG with the New Terminal etc, Hopefully you can deliver on this one for the P3D community which remains quite strong and supportive at the moment! Thanks!

Hope to hear some Positive News soon!

Best of Luck!

Country
australia
This looks great, will this be available by November, as this year's worldflight route passes through Algiers and currently there doesn't seem to be any decent scenery?

Keep up the awesome work!

Country
ca-ontario
This looks great, will this be available by November, as this year's worldflight route passes through Algiers and currently there doesn't seem to be any decent scenery?

Keep up the awesome work!
I was told there may be a Vatsim North Africa event this year with a flight from Algiers to Casablanca, but no definite date, are you referring to something else?

It would be a shame to miss this event with the release but I don’t think I can finish everything I want to do by November, especially if it’s early November. It’s a huge airport with many buildings, covering a large area, I have some landmark ideas too, and the scope is so large that could spend another year doing it. At best I could possibly release a “light” version but I’m not sure I’d be happy with it.

Country
netherlands
This looks amazing! Do hope those default jetways will be replaced by custom ones, but otherwise a phenomenal piece of work!

Country
us-california
Omg, this looks amazing! I'm currently at this Airport for a mission with OnAir (Career App) Do you have an eta of release? How much are we talking?

Country
ca-ontario
I would like to say “weeks”, I feel like I’m in the final stages but there’s still a lot of work and it depends how much more stuff I find to do. Regarding price, I’m guessing as a large airport that took a year to make, it will probably be priced like a high tier airport (also there’s more than just what you see here).

Working in this North Africa area adds the challenge that the default scenery looks incredibly awful (outdated and low quality aerial images, OSM buildings inaccurate and offset by 20 m from imagery) and I had to do a huge amount of adding aprons and tweaking ground and vegetation just to make the surroundings look acceptable and blend it into the actual airport.

Country
ca-ontario
Well... it's finished. You heard it here first.

First I want to thank all you guys who helped me over the past year, it's so much better because you spent time helping me and I really appreciate it. Thanks to @mamu for all the tutorials, examples and answering questions. Thanks to @rhumbaflappy for help with jetway customization. Thanks to @Felix Tchvertkin for help with the dirt textures, that really took the buildings to another level. Thank you to everyone else who helped, sorry if I didn't mention anyone personally but it's really late here and I'm running on fumes. You guys know what it feels like when you're finally done.

So anyway, here are the final screenshots:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 21.41.16.64.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 21.37.01.27.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 21.52.16.40.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 22.13.27.39.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 22.22.45.09.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 22.24.21.84.jpg
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2024.03.30 - 22.23.14.68.jpg