• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Decompiling TrafficAircraft.bgl problem with after compiling

Country
austria
Hi friends,
the default M7 has as AI problems with taxiing to the startplace. So I changed some points in the aircraft cfg.
I tried to decompile the (default) trafficAircraft.bgl with AIFP3 and this works (regardless of a message witha lot of errors). I changed (substiuted) the Maule M7 260C to the new one and compiled the changed TrafficAircraft.bgl and it works.
After I found a new possibility to change the TrafficAircraft.bgl. But now this was impossible because AIFP3 could decompile! (see attachment) The original could be decompiled but not the changed.
Can somebody tell me why? Is the defaultBGL too big for compiling?

Attachments

• AIFP3_error.jpg
    AIFP3_error.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 448

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Christain, the error message suggests an internal problem in AIFP. I'll look at it when I return.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Christian, I'm embarrassed to report this "slipped my mind". Please send me/post the traffic file causing the issue and I'll investigate.

Thanks for reminding me in such a pleasant way.

Don

Country
austria
Hi Don, thank you for the answer. I could send you the traffic file, but it is the default trafficAircraft.bgl, normally located at FSX's Scenery\World\scenery folder!
Have you ever tried to decompile this file and then compile the file again? (I wrote this problem above)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Have you ever tried to decompile this file and then compile the file again
I just did, without difficulty. There are lots of data errors (legitimately) reported, but no exception is thrown.

Please translate the exception message.

Don

Country
austria
Now I remind the problem better:

1. I decompiled the trafficAircraft.bgl (it works)
2. I changed the Maule - aircraft (contact points) and compiled the changed trafficAircraft.bgl (it works again)
3. Now I tried to decompile again the (bevore changed) trafficAircraft.bgl for a new reason and now I couldn't decompile. (For Gods sake I saved the original file)
Here my translation attempt:
The index lay out of the area. It is not allowed a negative index and a index smaller as the collection. Name of the parameter: startindex

Resume: Decompile and compile the same trafficAircraft.bgl is no problem.
Decompile the bevore changed trafficAircraft.bgl is not possible. (the only reason for changing was the working at the contact points of the Maule!)

I hope you can now understand my problem.

Edit: Now I found the bad bgl-file (22MB) so I can't upload:(

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I changed the Maule - aircraft (contact points) and compiled the changed trafficAircraft.bgl (it works again)
There is no need to recompile a traffic file for a change in aircraft parameters other than title.

The index lay out of the area. It is not allowed a negative index and a index smaller as the collection. Name of the parameter: startindex
That clearly suggests a problem in AIFP. But, without the bad file and details of the exception, I wouldn't have a hope in finding it.

Now I found the bad bgl-file (22MB) so I can't upload
Try e-mailing it to me (don at stuff4fs dot com. Or upload to some public server, e.g., Dropbox.

Don

Country
austria
I tried with mail but 1 MB too big!
So I gave the file free with dropbox.
Please tell me if you miss the invitation on dropbox.

Country
austria
There is no need to recompile a traffic file for a change in aircraft parameters other than title.
FSX use the default Maule and this aircraft you can pilot normally. If you use it as AI-aircraft taxiing is a problem. So I wouldn't change anything at this aircraft.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I now have the file. Thanks.

I loaded it and, indeed, AIFP did throw an exception. I'll investigate.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Admittedly, there's a problem somewhere in AIFP and has to do with the proper termination of VERY-LARGE traffic files. But, it's only ever happened once, is not repeatable and, with a file size of nearly 22mb containing nearly 35000 FP with almost 70000 legs, the likelihood of me finding what it WAS is extremely remote and could consume many hours.

So, I think I'm going to let this one go - unless you can find a way to reliably force the problem (on hopefully a much smaller file).

Don

Country
austria
Please Don no more investigations in this case!:yikes:
I thought it would be easy for you. I will find other ways. FSX has some things you can't fix. Especially sceneryproblems lakes many feet too high, airports in the depht, rivers like big arterys above the ground (parts of Amazonas). Weeks and months to work! Nevertheless I love FSX and I have much fun. AIFP makes my FSXworld happy:D and I have in the meantime hundreds of traffic.bgl's and very small and no problems:). Thank you:wizard: