• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Do custom FS2020 airports, sceneries and aircraft liveries work on the new XBOX?

Hey everyone, glad to be here. Great and very helpful forum!

I developed a few custom airports and liveries for FS2020, but not sure if those work on the XBOX version of FS2020. I have never used XBOX (mostly use PS consoles), but I'm thinking about getting one for my father so he can fly.

If they do work, does XBOX also have the community folder? What would be the procedure to install custom scenery or aircraft livery?

Thank you! :)

Goran

Country
unitedkingdom
They won't work on Xbox.

I assume the Xbox will forever be under the full control of Microsoft. If they ever do implement community made mods they'll have to be sent to them to be digested before they're made available to Xbox users through the marketplace.

Considering how dire their treatment of payware developers is I wonder how hopeless a freeware process would be.

Wow!! I guess I made a good decision to never buy a Xbox.

Thank you so much! You saved me a lot of trouble and wasted time. Happy flying!

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
The fact that we must designate whether our projects are to be made compatible with Xbox, should inform of MS attempt to make community content available to Xbox users.

Wait, why does the developer window has this if Xbox doesn't support custom sceneries?
F7B2B18E-D6E1-4BBD-AE68-42ED7C2BC8EC.jpeg

Country
unitedkingdom
The Xbox does support custom scenery but only custom scenery that's sold through the marketplace at present. At the moment only payware developers will be using that for products that end up on Xbox for sale on the marketplace.

I'm pretty certain there will never be a process where you can create your own scenery and place it directly on your Xbox. It will always have to go through Microsoft. Maybe they'll open up a freeware option through the marketplace that Xbox users can access but it doesn't exist now.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I'm pretty certain there will never be a process where you can create your own scenery and place it directly on your Xbox.
Great to know, on what authority do you know this? "I'm pretty certain," is a message of assurance. One does not say, "I am pretty certain this plane is going to crash," as an idea, they say it to tell people that a parachute is probably the best option.

Whom, or what party, told you this, or where did you read, that Xbox users will have to obtain Community content through MS Store? Thanks in advance for sharing the information that has made you certain of this.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've never seen a console game that allowed the adding of personally created mods without a third party to curate it first.

Maybe I live under a rock.

That's what we're waiting to see with freeware and the xbox.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I've never seen a console game that allowed the adding of personally created mods without a third party to curate it first.

Maybe I live under a rock.

That's what we're waiting to see with freeware and the xbox.

Good to clear things up. Are you familiar with the Fly-by-Wire A32NX? It is free and it is available to X Box users! Wondering how hopeless the process will be is an unnecessary concern, you can simply ask the developers at Fly-by-Wire! So, one developer's good relationship with the curator, implies that it is, indeed possible to create one's own scenery, then download it onto X Box.

I personally don't think anyone expects to create a scenery and keep it for their own personal X Box use, they may, but the title does not imply that intent. The thread title is, "Do custom FS2020, sceneries, airports and aircraft liveries work on the new X Box" and Fly-by-Wire is neither Asobo, or MS, so the answer is "yes, some already do" despite the fact that you are pretty certain there will never be a process to write a scenery on one computer and drop _directly_ it into ones own personal X Box.

Good to clear things up. Are you familiar with the Fly-by-Wire A32NX? It is free and it is available to X Box users! Wondering how hopeless the process will be is an unnecessary concern, you can simply ask the developers at Fly-by-Wire! So, one developer's good relationship with the curator, implies that it is, indeed possible to create one's own scenery, then download it onto X Box.

I personally don't think anyone expects to create a scenery and keep it for their own personal X Box use, they may, but the title does not imply that intent. The thread title is, "Do custom FS2020, sceneries, airports and aircraft liveries work on the new X Box" and Fly-by-Wire is neither Asobo, or MS, so the answer is "yes, some already do" despite the fact that you are pretty certain there will never be a process to write a scenery on one computer and drop _directly_ it into ones own personal X Box.

Fly By Wire A32NX is not available for XBOX or FS2020 marketplace any more. Thanks to Microsoft.