• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX EDBC Magdeburg-Cochstedt WIP

Country
germany
ng7f7a4q.jpg

s9dvrkyi.jpg

It's sunday so I had time to add more polygons in the scenery ;-)

Country
unitedkingdom
Looks fab. Nice detail with the cones and water things! Some grass and vegetation will complete it!

Country
germany
Yes Shaun, I'm still in R&D mode regarding texture and material settings to get nice 3D vegetation.

Country
germany
To get one approach and runway light system which is compatible for both FSX and P3D I played around with the texture/mipmap method that TIC descripted in this thread. I edited almost every mipmap level manually, not only the last one.

Looking good so far (papi and flashing strobe lights are AFLT based).

Country
germany
I modelled my first ever static aircraft which I need for the scenery. Build from scratch from some blueprints. Took me ages and the shape isn't really accurate but ok for scenery decoration purposes. My respect and compliments to the aircraft modeller here. I do now have a vague understanding of what it means to create an precise aircraft model :)

acwlbfht.jpg

And yes, I'll finish this scenery project in a not too far future ;)

Cheers Volker

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
I'm verry glad, you announced on your Facebook page, to try to compile the Scenery for FS2004, after its release for FSX... I really hope for it...

if the compiling works flawlessly, I can't wait to get the scenery...

Last edited:
Country
germany
Gentlemen, I jumped on the P3D train yesterday - mainly in order to make EDBC P3D compatible - but I must say that it is plain simple awesome what LM did with the good old FSX. The visuals are so stunning, it almost hurts to start FSX and see the difference...wow, I'm flashed.
And the other good thing is that the scenery just looks great. I did not compile it with the P3D SDK yet, instead I just installed the last Beta of FSX EDBC. My texture based runway lights look exactly like I was hoping and to my surprise the default PAPI lights show up ON TOP of the SCASM groundpoly. I tested the other default runway lights, they don't show but the PAPI does. This is cool.

The first P3D V2.5 screenshots of Magdeburg-Cochstedt:

srootrdy.jpg

ohwx6dpv.jpg

Cheers Volker

Country
russia
Yes. News true! I am confident that the company with Lars and Martin you make even better and to increase the territory photocoverage!
Best wishes guys)