• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 EIDW Dublin New Air Traffic Control Tower

Country
ca-saskatchewan
A new north runway at EIDW Dublin is scheduled to open in the second half of 2021. In anticipation of the new runway a new control tower was built because views of certain parts of the new runway system will be obstructed from the old control tower. I created a mini-scenery of the new tower and ATC center as an addon to Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin. The Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin scenery predates both the new control tower and the north runway. Please note this mini scenery DOES NOT ADD THE NEW RUNWAY. No files of the original scenery are altered by this addon. The scenery is available from the libraries at AVSIM and Flightsim.com.

An interesting feature of the new control tower is the night lighting of its cab, which can be changed to mark certain events. For instance, green for St. Patrick's day in March, rainbow colors for gay pride month in June. At least a half dozen color combinations can be found on the internet in photos and videos. The scenery replicates these and I've added a few additional just for fun. In between these event colors the tower displays regular night lighting. Colors change automatically based on calendar dates.

Thanks to Dedl Klemmt and Ed Cox for testing the scenery for me with Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin.

Greg
2021-07-16 23_25_15-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg

2021-07-16 23_17_48-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2021-07-16 23_18_21-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2021-07-16 23_18_51-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2021-07-16 23_22_23-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg
2021-07-16 23_23_33-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
Left FS2004 for years, but it is amazing to see how incredibly detailed addons still are. Looks really good!

Country
mexico
Hello Greg

Another master piece for FS9, thank you! As always, nicely done. ;)

Take care,
Sergio.

Country
ireland
Hi Greg

I love the New master piece of New tower at Dublin airport and will you be doing the new north runway scenery at EIDW .
if so i have the plans that were showing the layout of the new north runway back in 2008 when i worked in Dublin airport.
i can email it to you if you need aerial detail showing the two type that they were thing of using for taxi way to and from the new runway if it any help.

Regards
keith

Country
ireland
Hi Greg
I have download your master piece of New tower at Dublin airport and i have Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin scenery install in my system on fs2004.
but for sum reason when i install the New tower at Dublin airport scenery addon in to the Mega Airport Dublin scenery files and start fs9 again i get message half threw the startup saying fs2004 fail to load. so i remove the New tower at Dublin airport scenery files from fs2004 and restart fs9 again
to my surprise fs9 started no problem at all.
so i reinstalled your scenery add on and again the same thing happen.
i have gone threw my scenery addon and my files and cant see anything that would Couse this problem.
can you help in any way

Kind Regards
Keith

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Sorry Keith, I cannot offer any help because I have no idea what is causing your problem. So far you are the only person to report such a problem.

In response to your previous question, I have no plans at this time to do an add on for the new runway. Maybe some day.

Greg

Country
ireland
Hi Greg
i Got it sort as their was one or two scenery building in fs2004 Dublin scenery 3th party causing the problem. soon as i remove them all install perfected and running great.
great add on keep up the great work Greg

Country
ireland
Hello Greg love the work you did on the new control tower, Dublin opens it's new runway tomorrow 11th August, any plans to add it to the aerosoft Dublin scenery in the future?

Regards
Brian