• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Emissive Brightness

Country
unitedstates
I've searched all over and I feel like I am missing something simple but I have created an emission texture (using substance painter) and my issue is that my window light is so bright it's washing everything out if you get close to it. It does not look like other windows in the sim that are just lit up. The window albedo texture is just a simple glossy/reflective texture to allow the window to reflect and look like glass. No window panes or blinds or anything. I have tried adjusting the opacity of the yellow in the emission texture down to almost zero and nothing changes. It is still extremely bright. Does anyone know how I can tone this down?

Attachments

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_2_2021 5_51_59 PM.png
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_2_2021 5_51_59 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
Country
austria
If you're using SP to create your emissive - did you try to reduce the "emissive intensity" ?
As you said, maybe you're just missing something simple.

Attachments

• Screenshot (273)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (273)_LI.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 151
Country
unitedstates
If you're using SP to create your emissive - did you try to reduce the "emissive intensity" ?
As you said, maybe you're just missing something simple.
Does the emissive intensity have any effect in the sim? My intensity was set to 1 in Substance Painter. I reduced it to 0.5 with no effect in the simulator. It's still as bright as ever.

Country
unitedstates
I was able to find a solution after several hours of trying everything I could find. Maybe this will help others as well. I was able to reduce the intensity greatly by lowering the "V" Value in Blender for the Emissive Color under the "Color Multipliers" of the MSFS Standard Material settings. The V Value was extremely high thus causing the blowing out of the lighting. You can reduce that value to your desired effect. Now I am getting something closer to the default buildings emissive textures. For other buildings I will put in frames, curtains, blinds, etc. on my texture in Substance Painter. These windows are on sides and rear of the hangars and are not going to be main feature buildings so they have just a light showing through the window at night.

Attachments

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_2_2021 7_58_53 PM.png
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_2_2021 7_58_53 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 331
  • emissive_V_Value.png
    emissive_V_Value.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 250