• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS engine turns itself off ( solved )

Country
italy
Hi all,
I have built a new aircraft.
just to have the right configuration files and start to fill the real data into flight model , engines, files, etc.. I have used as starting point the generic plane into SDK folder.
now to start my engine ( rotax 912 ) at the moment I use CRTL + E, just to try the flight model Flying my airplane. In che cockpit at the moment there is only the throttle lever animated that works.

why my engins start with ctrl + E, but one or two seconds later turns itself off ?

which files ( or aircraft editor sections ) I have to look to solve this behaviour ? it won't stay turned on..
in the configurations files and aircraft editor I have indicated two wing fuel tank .

thanks

Country
unitedkingdom
I have one a/c model that does exactly that unless Unlimited Fuel is checked in Settings. I don't thinks that's the solution, but it might help you get on with your testing.

Country
italy
Hi dickb
It’s strange because if I go to the fuel / weight and balance menu Of Simulator, I have both tanks at 50 % .
I have two tanks configured in aircraft editor with about 15 gal everyone

Country
unitedkingdom
Afraid I'm no expert on the FSX fuel system - just sharing a possible workround that worked for me. But there are many smarter folks on here than me. I'm sure one of them will be able to help you.