• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Error Code

Country
unitedstates
I never installed SDK 17 but did update from SDK 16 to SDK 18 (current version), and I have not experienced any build problems.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks @art209.... I uninstalled SDK 17 and just installed 18 and I still get the same error so I guess I am screwed.

Greets and Best Regards,
BobM.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
And the build still fails - is there a console window output? You may need to wait a while for it to show. Ignore the error message and wait a few minutes to see if you do get a console window. Also did we ask if you are running the MS or Steam version?

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Jon.. I have waited before and nothing appears as far as a console window. Its open now and while I am doing all these pics with snippet..20-25 minutes..nothing has happened...Hope these help...lol...Enjoy your Easter..

BobM.

Attachments

• ADE options P1.PNG
    ADE options P1.PNG
    104.5 KB · Views: 58
  • ADE options P2.PNG
    ADE options P2.PNG
    63.5 KB · Views: 59
  • ADE options P3.PNG
    ADE options P3.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 62
  • ADE options P4.PNG
    ADE options P4.PNG
    102.3 KB · Views: 62
  • ADE changes 04122022.PNG
    ADE changes 04122022.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 75
  • in f20 project file.PNG
    in f20 project file.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 60
  • last Build 3 27 22.PNG
    last Build 3 27 22.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 56

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Its open now and while I am doing all these pics with snippet..20-25 minutes..nothing has happened...Hope these help...lol...Enjoy your Easter..

So you have a console window open but you did not get a screenshot of it?

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
It's impossible to backward with SDK, because when you compile it wrap a component which is in your MSFS installation and this one is always compliant with the version stored at Microsoft.
So using a SDK 16 with the current version of MSFS (WU8) at my opinion it is not a good idea.

My two cents.

Country
us-northcarolina
Sorry Jon.....what I meant was... ADE project was still open in ADE (after i clicked) Ok to get the error message off screen and continue to the build mode. I was making snippet pictures and copying them to a second computer to put on my post here. During all that time..( 20- 25mins) the Black and White console window never opened. I am using SDK 18... thanks to @Lagaffe for sharing..

Thanks Jon,
BobM.

Country
us-northcarolina
I think I figured out (by accident) that I was missing the

Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 which I guess contained the VCRuntime 140.dll.

Anyway I copied the project from f20 to my document folder and tried dropping the xml on top of the fspackage tool exe which i copied from the sdk and it gave me the error VCRuntime140dll which I googled and found out it was part of the Visual Studio so I downloaded the x86 and the x64 and it installed and then magically the project built :)

I hope this makes sense Jon... now off to see if it shows up in MSFS.
Happy Easter..this is better than an chocolate Easter Egg (maybe)

BobM.

Attachments

• 04172022.PNG
    04172022.PNG
    112.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 04172022a.PNG
    04172022a.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 04172022b.PNG
    04172022b.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Now that is a great find and does ring a distant bell.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
You can still use ADE by first using Airport2Project to extract the XML file, and then importing that data XML to ADE.

Country
us-illinois
I was having not only unexplained MSFS compilation issues, but slow Windows functionality when my AMD and Asus graphics card software loaded at startup.

Today I discovered I was having a problem with the ability of ADE and MSFS SDK PackageTool to report certain errors.

When I attempted to Build a project from ADE, a SDK console window did not appear, then I saw a "Error Code: 1 " message.

'Everything Search' revealed numerous copies of VCRuntime140.dll, but Visual Studio 2015 reportedly was not installed.

The most recent updated install of VCRuntime140.dll was in folders related to Microsoft Edge browser. :banghead:

However, I had previously made a point of installing the Visual Studio 2015 package for Windows 10 in the past 2 years.

Resolving to research this mystery further later on, I found Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 ...here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

After installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package(s), Windows and my graphics card ran at normal (fast) speeds, and now during another attempted build of my MSFS project, a 'more verbose' message appeared in the DevMode console, complaining about the name syntax I had used for the project.

Based on my understanding of Windows own naming rules for 'legal' characters, as discussed here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...sing-patch-1-16-2-0-solved.452642/post-883097

...I had separated 2 words in a multi-part airport name by use of (a "legal" ?) under-score / under-line character instead of by a hyphen (dash) character.

When I edited the airport project name and properties to only use hyphens instead of (any) underscores / underlines, the project successfully finished compiling all tasks.

MSFS' Console now gives a more verbose warning than DevMode GUI dialog ToolTips ...for required name syntax.

CAVEAT: Asobo now arbitrarily restricts airport name syntax more than Windows own rules on 'legal' characters.

IIRC, at RTM we had an option to use underscore / underline characters to separate multi-word name segments; now, without any subsequent formal announcement I am aware of, they have imposed this added restriction. :stirthepo

Heads up ! :yikes:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
maldives
Hello!
when I try to open this (for other .bgl no errors) I get an error:
2022-08-22 01:23:28 | Exception | ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.XmlClasses.XmlU.BglToXml | 1 | 81704bd9-4837-40bb-a1c9-7bc1fe944c73 | System.Exception | PGAirportDecompiler.XmlGenerator.GenerateXml | Exception while reading data for airport SKBQ | 93cbfb3c-a2ea-4d31-8a7d-7bb1adfe396b | System.Exception | PGAirportDecompiler.Airport.OpenFs2020File | Invalid section type: 0x31 | в PGAirportDecompiler.Airport.OpenFs2020File(String filePath, String airportICAO)
в PGAirportDecompiler.XmlGenerator.buildXmlForAirport(XmlWriter xmlWriter, String bglFilePath, String icao, DeleteOptions deleteOptions)
seems to be due to non-standard compilation from the author...
is it possible how to fix this?

Attachments

• bgl.rar
    20.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What version of ADA 2020 are you using?
Hello!
when I try to open this (for other .bgl no errors) I get an error:
2022-08-22 01:23:28 | Exception | ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.XmlClasses.XmlU.BglToXml | 1 | 81704bd9-4837-40bb-a1c9-7bc1fe944c73 | System.Exception | PGAirportDecompiler.XmlGenerator.GenerateXml | Exception while reading data for airport SKBQ | 93cbfb3c-a2ea-4d31-8a7d-7bb1adfe396b | System.Exception | PGAirportDecompiler.Airport.OpenFs2020File | Invalid section type: 0x31 | в PGAirportDecompiler.Airport.OpenFs2020File(String filePath, String airportICAO)
в PGAirportDecompiler.XmlGenerator.buildXmlForAirport(XmlWriter xmlWriter, String bglFilePath, String icao, DeleteOptions deleteOptions)
seems to be due to non-standard compilation from the author...
is it possible how to fix this?
This is a decompiler issue. The best place to report it is in this topic

ADE uses Patrick's decompiler