• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 error message when exporting scenery

Country
us-washington
Tried to remove 3 objects from this library. error message. then tried to export without doing anything... same message.

screenshot2503.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I see this error message now and then in the reported bugs, but have not been able to reproduce it. Can you send me the object to reproduce?

Country
us-washington
will try but the library is ukmil_objects.bgl and ukm.bgl I tried a different library and the recompile worked fine.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Is that library a freeware project in can download maybe?

Country
us-washington
don't know. given to me very long ago. If not freeware, perhaps there is a code that prevents altering?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It's probably a bug in MCX, but I need to be able to reproduce it to fix it.

Country
us-washington
These are the ones in question. Was trying to remove a couple of items because they were in the wrong place for my photoreal. I'd then add those as models in ADE.

Attachments

• ukm.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • ukmil_objects.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks, I'll have a look if I can reproduce it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I did load the ukmil_objects.bgl here and exported it again from MCX. That worked fine without any error. I thought you mentioned you already had the error when you changed nothing?

Btw, are you using a recent development release of MCX or do you have an older build?

Country
us-washington
I have the recent one. I think maybe I should have changed the guid of the one or two objects I wanted to remove, export scenery, save out the ones I want to remove as models, then after saving the models, then remove and export scenery. ??

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If you want to remove them all you would have to do is remove the objects in the object list editor and export the scenery again.

But do you get the error when you just import and export the scenery?

Country
us-washington
I remove an object and export and I get the message toward the end of the compile. Then I tried exporting the library without doing anything..... still.... same error message!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I will try with removing an object here, but I did not get any error when I exported it without making any changes.

Can you double check with the latest development release? I fixed a bug a few days ago that might be related to this.

Country
us-washington
I will try to get your latest version. for some time I have not gotten notifications of updates like I used to. Yes- I have that option checked. Bob

Country
us-washington
This was a p3d bgl. it did not export; but then I realized I was exporting back to FSX style bgl. So.... exported again to p3d4.4 and bingo- no problems! Thank you, Arno, for your attention to this. I am very gratefull. I now have the new updated, but wondering how top get notifications to furtgher updates. I will check new vew version for "check for update on start up - true and check for update unstable- true."

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Your version is a few months old, so for sure not the latest development release.

Still puzzles me why I can't reproduce this error, I'll try with the version you used to see if I get the error then.

Country
us-washington
curious if my old version was the problem. again, thank you, Arno, for your help. bob