• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Error Message when loading stock airport MSFS

Country
us-northcarolina
I have dev mode on...

Thanks,

BobM.

Attachments

• Trying to load stock airport MSFS.JPG
    Trying to load stock airport MSFS.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 24
  • Trying to load stock airport MSFS2.JPG
    Trying to load stock airport MSFS2.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 22

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What version of ADE 2020 are you using. This is an issue which was fixed as I recall

Country
us-northcarolina
I took everything out.. I installed latest Alpha 20.19.7780 (Ver 00.00.7822) which I also installed the hotfix and it has found the stock airport. One question..when I run fault finder and it finds a twisted apron or unused taxi node etc... when you click on the item...there is nothing there to help you find the area..It can be like looking for a needle in a haystack..Any suggestions.. I know KINT is all screwed up and no parking..

Thanks Jon.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The fault finder is not reliable in ADE 2020 - it needs work. I just checked and it looks like it got disconnected. I will add it to my list

Country
us-northcarolina
Jon....If I get the "twisted apron message" in fault finder still....Will that prevent AI from operating correctly on that apron? Thought....apron can be complicated with curves etc...ADE has the ability to spot Areas of twisted apron...can you make something that would highlight that area..not the whole apron and maybe help in pinning down the problem area? BTW If i delete the entire apron...the message in fault finder disappears so maybe it is "working"

Thanks Jon.

Country
us-northcarolina
This is the default KINT airport and this is like looking for a needle in a haystack...lol

Attachments

• Twisted apron example.JPG
    Twisted apron example.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 19

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I would not worry about the fault finder. It has not yet been set up for FS2020 so it can give false errors or unreliable results. It is on the to do list to fix