• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Exception Issues with Version 1.38

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, what were you doing at the time, please? Also, would you please send me the flight plan file that caused the error.

Don

Country
netherlands
Bert, what were you doing at the time, please? Also, would you please send me the flight plan file that caused the error.

Don

Hi Don,
I just loaded the traffic.bgl which one worked fine with the former versions...

Regards
Bert

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Perhaps you could send me that file as well, please. The flight plan file you sent loads OK.

Don

Country
netherlands
Perhaps you could send me that file as well, please. The flight plan file you sent loads OK.

Don

hi Don,
Herewith all the files and again it worked okay with the former version.:confused:

Regards
Bert

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, the .bgl loads OK as well. So, it would appear to be something unique to your system.

There was a format change in AirportList.dat between 1.36 and 1.37. Did your system ask to reformat the file for you the first time you ran 1.37 (or 1.38)? If not (or if you said no) that would certainly cause an index out of range error.

Please check the entry in AirportList.dat for an airport with an IATA code, like Schipol or Heathrow. The IATA code should be the last field in the record. For airports without IATA codes, a vertical bar (|) should be the final character in the record. If they are not there there, then that's the problem. If they are there, perhaps, your file converted incorrectly.

To rebuild AirportList.dat, ensure ICAO-IATA.doc is installed on your system and run the "collect airports" function. Please let me know what happens ASAP.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, further to yesterday's post, I presume if this problem occurred with every file, you would have said so. So, I'm assuming the traffic file you sent me is the only one (or at least one of a few).

I note that the flight plan and traffic files you sent me refer to a couple of non-stock airports, namely EDB1 and EDB2. Please verify in the AirportList.dat file that the records for both these airport end in "|EDBn|". If the final vertical bar(|) is not there, please add it by hand and check whether or not the problem still exists before doing anything else.

If the bar was not there and the file was updated automatically, please send me a copy of AirportList.dat and, if it exists, also AirportList-Updates.dat, via e-mail (to avoid wasting space on the forum).

Thanks
Don

Country
netherlands
Bert, further to yesterday's post, I presume if this problem occurred with every file, you would have said so. So, I'm assuming the traffic file you sent me is the only one (or at least one of a few).

I note that the flight plan and traffic files you sent me refer to a couple of non-stock airports, namely EDB1 and EDB2. Please verify in the AirportList.dat file that the records for both these airport end in "|EDBn|". If the final vertical bar(|) is not there, please add it by hand and check whether or not the problem still exists before doing anything else.

If the bar was not there and the file was updated automatically, please send me a copy of AirportList.dat and, if it exists, also AirportList-Updates.dat, via e-mail (to avoid wasting space on the forum).

Thanks
Don

Hi Don,
Indeed the Final vertical bar was missing in the complete airportlist.dat.
I didn't know how to solve that easily for the complet list.
What i have done now is deleting the whole Dir and installed v138 again.
After that added my personal designs EDB1 nd EDB2...
The problem is gone now:)

Regards
Bert

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Glad to hear it Bert. I'm very surprised, however, that 1.38 ran without asking you about updating the AirportList.dat to include the extra field for the IATA codes. Somehow an extra field must have been added to the first record in the file without all the others being updated. (AIFP checks the number of fields in the first record to determine whether or bnot an update is necessary.)

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bert, I have discovered why your airport list wasn't properly updated. I'm surprised, however, that you didn't get an error message regarding a missing file when you started AIFP.

Anyway, I have just released version 1.4 to Avsim and Flightsim, and it will be availabe from my website shortly.

Thnaks for bringing this issue to my attenton.

Don

Country
netherlands
Bert, I have discovered why your airport list wasn't properly updated. I'm surprised, however, that you didn't get an error message regarding a missing file when you started AIFP.

Anyway, I have just released version 1.4 to Avsim and Flightsim, and it will be availabe from my website shortly.

Thnaks for bringing this issue to my attenton.

Don

Hi Don,
Thanks for your message and ofcourse the coming update 1.4
Whatever i can do to help you developers in your work i always keep on doing:)

The only thing that makes me sometimes a little doubting is me thinking "Am i that stupid that nobodyelse is having this kind of troubles!"
But this FSDev-forum has never given me a bad feeling after a reply from any of you experts...!

Happy flying and designing!
Regards
Bert