• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Finding unused Titles

In 15 years of installing flightplans (AIG, WOAI, MWAI etc.) I have a lot of unused titles (and texture folders ofcourse) because the flightplan designers used different titles.
I suppose, there is no way in AIFP to detect those titles?
Is there another tool?

aircraft1.jpg

Just to show the dimension of the aircraft folder ;)

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
There is no way at the moment to handle all aircraft simultaneously. However, there is a function to tell you what you want to know on a aircraft-by-aircraft basis. (See user-manual section 8.7). But, that probably isn't practical in your case.

It should be possible to adapt that feature to analyse the complete aircraft folder. Leave it with me.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Herman, it seems you (or someone else) asked for the feature you requested, since it exists. I simply neglected to update the user manual to reflect the multi-aircraft capability.

Use the "Identify Aircraft Not Used in Traffic Files", which gives you the option to select from the resulting list aircraft (titles) to be deleted. In the meantime, I'll update the user manual.

Don

EDIT: Turns out I had updated the user manual, I just didn't required far enough. This function will also delete any associated textures and, if all titles in the aircraft.cfg are deleted, so will be the entire folder. So, I'd be inclined to back up the aircraft folder before using the delete capability

Last edited:
Hi Don, it worked fine!
After copying my aircraft folder to another drive, I could delete a significant amount of unused AI aircraft:
aircraft2.jpg

But my work is not done now.
Because many of the AI aircraft have the wrong type "0", I have to correct these ".air" files by AIAE and repeat the "Identify Aircraft Not Used in Traffic Files".

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Don't understand the significance of "Type 0" or why it affected what you were trying to do. But, I'm glad it worked for you.

Don

If an AI aircraft has a wrong type=0 air file it is not included in the selection:

aircraft3.jpg

(Jan Martin's enhanced FDEs have all type=0 air files. I am nearly through with changing them to type=2)