• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

First Hangar Building....But what is wrong with this abnormal light streaming out from the hangar doors ?!?

Country
unitedstates
Hi, I wanted to get everyone's expertise if i may.

I am new to Blender 3D, and successfully made two basic control towers which are showing up ok in FS2020 . But an attempt at my first hangar building is running into problems with the texture. It seems there is a strange gap or slit above some sections of the vertical hangar doors ( even though when i modeled it there is none, and it looks ok within Blender. I posted this on the FS2020 forums but with no luck there. I have tried 'shade flat', tried to change some of the shadow options when saving using the Blender2MSFS exporter, tried tweaking different material sliders (Blender, and the MSFS2Blender sliders, but with no luck.

I just need help with how to switch off these strange gaps in the top of the hangar (which seems to bleed out a brilliant light like there is a spotlight in there. Shadows do vary with the setting of the sun in the sky.

Posting some photos, thanks for any help.
shadow2.jpg
kpwk2.jpg
KPWK-blender.jpg
shadow4.jpg
kpwk1.jpg

Country
austria
Avoide ngons, each face should have 3 or 4 vertecis not more. Otherwise it will be crazy triangulated with weird shading effects in the simulator.

A boolean workflow is not really good for gaming assets. :)

Country
unitedstates
Avoide ngons, each face should have 3 or 4 vertecis not more. Otherwise it will be crazy triangulated with weird shading effects in the simulator.

A boolean workflow is not really good for gaming assets. :)
Thanks for that tip. Any way to clean ngons up without going vertex by vertex ? It is such a complex model, its hard to do it manually.

One quick-and-dirty option is to go into Edit Mode, turn on X-Ray mode, select all faces in your model, then type Ctrl-T to use "Triangulate Faces" to automatically subdivide all faces in your model into triangles. If you prefer quads, you can follow up by selecting some or all of the triangle faces and type Alt-J to convert "Tris to Quads". You may have some clean-up to do, but at least you will have eliminated all ngons.

Country
sudan
Hi, I wanted to get everyone's expertise if i may.

I am new to Blender 3D, and successfully made two basic control towers which are showing up ok in FS2020 . But an attempt at my first hangar building is running into problems with the texture. It seems there is a strange gap or slit above some sections of the vertical hangar doors ( even though when i modeled it there is none, and it looks ok within Blender. I posted this on the FS2020 forums but with no luck there. I have tried 'shade flat', tried to change some of the shadow options when saving using the Blender2MSFS exporter, tried tweaking different material sliders (Blender, and the MSFS2Blender sliders, but with no luck.

I just need help with how to switch off these strange gaps in the top of the hangar (which seems to bleed out a brilliant light like there is a spotlight in there. Shadows do vary with the setting of the sun in the sky.

Posting some photos, thanks for any help. View attachment 74807View attachment 74808View attachment 74809View attachment 74810View attachment 74811
I think you have problem with flipped normals, Have you checked your normals before you texture your model?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk