• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flights not showing

Country
unitedstates
Hi y'all, sorry to bother. I recently made an airport in ADE, and not that I have it up and running, I'd like to populate it, but, every time I make an ai flight plan, in AIFP, I go into the sim, and no aircraft show. I even added the Airport to AIFP through Airport/Find/Collect Airport. There are 29 gates on the airport, that being 6 heavy, 12 medium, and 10 small. I tried a custom plane, and then tried a WOAI aircraft (Just to make sure it wasn't just the custom not showing). I have the traffic files in Scenery/World/Scenery.

Attachments

• Gates.PNG
    Gates.PNG
    86.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Without having the flight plan and airport and knowing about your aircraft stable, its impossible to answer your question with any certainty.

Two guesses:
1. the aircraft you have used in the flightplan do not exist in the version of FS you are using.
2. You are programming in local time and are not taking into account the ITC offset, vice versa, or confusion between standard time and DST.

The simplest way to answer your question is to try traffic at another known-good airport. If traffic appears, the issue lies with your airport or with its setup in AIFP. If no traffic appears, then there's likely a problem with the traffic file.

Don

Have you tried the Fault Finder of ADE?
Possibly it is something in there that is wrong (like a link not connected to the runway or a missing hold short or something).

Country
unitedstates
Ah you know what, a missing hold short makes sense. I'll do some checks. As for sim and aircraft: Sim: FSX:SE, Aircraft: AIA 757-200 and AIG 737-700. As for the airport, it's a fictional airport.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
With a missing hold-short, the AI would still spawn but at departure time would disappear instead of taxiing. So, while you may have missing hold shorts, they wouldn't be the cause of the reported problem.

Re the aircraft, the question was not what aircraft did you use in the FP but, rather, are those aircraft install for, in this case, FSX-SE

What does Traffic Explorer tell you about the status of the aircraft?

Don

Country
unitedstates
With a missing hold-short, the AI would still spawn but at departure time would disappear instead of taxiing. So, while you may have missing hold shorts, they wouldn't be the cause of the reported problem.

Re the aircraft, the question was not what aircraft did you use in the FP but, rather, are those aircraft install for, in this case, FSX-SE

What does Traffic Explorer tell you about the status of the aircraft?

Don
I installed the AIG 737 through WOAI, so the model should work in SE, as for the AIA 757, it may have been an FS9 model, so I don't know.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
FS9 models are fine for SE.

Try substituting stock models in your FP. That will determine whether the aircraft are the problem.

Once again, what does Traffic Toolbox Explorer tell you?

Don

Country
unitedstates
I just did a parking analyzer in AIFP, and it shows that the aircraft are doing local standard instead of local summer, let me see if they show, when I place myself on standard time.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It looks like you need the SDK to get Traffic Toolbox Explorer, which, with FSX:SE is a problem. We'll have to pursue other avenues.

Don

Country
unitedstates
I actually have the SDK for P3D V1.4, so I'll look for the traffic toolbox explorer in there, thanks for the help.