• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Flourney Valley and Riverview

Country
australia
Hello all.
These are 2 airstrips I have been working on recently, they are located in Southern Oregon , and sit within Orbx's PNW regionpack. I will be doing one more airport in the area before I release the package.

All objects are modelled from scratch with full autogen annotation and 4 seasons PR covering an area around the airstrips. So far I have had no impact on performance.

Hope you enjoy the shots :)

Flourney Valley

Fvms4.jpg

VhNM4.jpg

ErCnX.jpg

RuO4N.jpg

bqGn.jpg

XYlUS.jpg

gKVNT.jpg

jIklr.jpg

SMJjR.jpg

rx93M.jpg

iKjhT.jpg

Riverview

fZ3xd.jpg

t7g0G.jpg

uKbA.jpg

E7uIt.jpg

LWTQ.jpg

otvql.jpg

Country
australia
Thank you everyone!

This will actually not be released as freeware through OZx, but as low cost payware through PCaviator. I cannot justify the amount of work that has gone into this by releasing it as freeware :)

Last edited:
Country
azerbaijan
Congrats on your achievement, Misha!!! Indeed I would say it's an Orbx product, if I wouldn't have read this thread. Incredible work, please keep up posting as you proceed!

Country
italy
I see also a couple of butterflies!!! this scenery is great, it is wasted if used as scenery for a flight simulator, it is so detailed that you can use for every kind of PC game :D :D

Congratulations!!!

Country
australia
Thanks for such an overwhelming response everyone, I will definitely keep this updated as I proceed. Yes indeed, vegetation is a lot of work and for me it has taken more time to make the vegetation libraries than anything else :)

I have also added bird sounds at the airport, so when you land and turn off the engines you can hear them softly. If they are not your personal taste then you can turn them off simply by renaming a bgl, but I think they add a lot of realism. They go away at night of course. And the smoke from the chimney only appears during winter months naturally. When I get the chance I will post up some more night shots.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Wow, that looks fantastic! I just finished one of my projects, and it looks nothing like yours... I got alot of work to do!!!!!

Very, very nice.... :)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I love the flowers. I think I might do some small airport for GA in my province.

Country
australia
Hello all again
I have made a great start on the thrid airstrip, 98TE Hilltop. It is a great callenge, it is on a ridge and uphill and very short. It has also got a beautiful river on approach which I have done my best to replicate :)
In the PR there is a large area of the river as well as a large area of ridges around the strip, since it is quite small with only 2 buildings.
I have also made great progress with the autogen (19000 objects so far). Looks fantastic! I have not done anything with the strip yet though. Anyway here is one shot of the river.

AT9X1.jpg